Can we sack Mel Morris?

Posh Ram

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

The man has no idea how to create stability at a football club. We need an owner that makes decisions based on growing a business rather than trying to run the club all by himself

Stability . 

I prefer winning. 

And so does Mel. :thumbsup:

Back to square one again, who's accountable this time? The same guy that's made the same mistake about 4 times now. 

More players bought, players tied down to long term contracts and then the manager booted out again, not one step taken forward. Baffling decisions taken in the last 12 weeks, including tonights.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Please reserve judgement. It will turn out well. 

I'm not going to reserve judgement because so far Mel has made ******* shocking decisions. I'd like him out and someone who has a clue what they're doing to make the calls.

13 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

The thing about Rowett is why would he come? Norwich have shown a serious commitment to Alex Neil, but that job will be available soon.

We're a complete laughing stock. Would anybody here like to work for Mel Morris?

No were not

this isnt being arrogant but derby county are twice the club norwich are.

were one of thr biggest clubs outside the premiership, our fanbase and support is outstanding, we have a stadium that prints money compared to many, we have a cat 1 accademy and a wealthy chairman whos as passionate about the club as any of us (obviously not always a good thing but id still rather that than a venky or our previous ownership group)

plus rowett has ties to us.

he will probably already be in Derby ready to shake mels hand.... unless we're after warburton or a. n other  

To be fair everytime he's sacked someone he's had to and beenleft with no choice 

mac was linked with Newcastle & wheels came off

clement allegedly had stinky fingers

pearson allegedly got involved in fisty cuffs

We'll hear something on the grapevine in the next few days how he had no choice and mac had to go a second time 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'm not going to reserve judgement because so far Mel has made ******* shocking decisions. I'd like him out and someone who has a clue what they're doing to make the calls.

Maybe you could take over ? Have you got the odd £850 million knocking around. On the surface it does look farcical, but this will be the turning point for Derby County.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Maybe you could take over ? Have you got the odd £850 million knocking around. On the surface it does look farcical, but this will be the turning point for Derby County.

How can you be so confident? I'm not implying I could take over, I'd like someone with experience of running a football club to take over. Someone who will make the right decisions. 

Put it like this i wanted stability, i wanted mclaren to be given the summer and the season to sort this club out.

did i want him here, no, 

nothing to do with the way he left but because i dont rate him as a manager

and now its happend

my natural reaction is that its the right thing and i feel optimistic about the future becuase of the calibre of what is available out there

Sick of the "Morris has put millions into Derby" argument. 

Its about more than money to me, are we happy for anyone to buy us and do what they please as long as they spend millions doing it?!

All I want is a competitive side who keep improving and seem to care about the club. Not had that since the play off final, coincidentally when Morris took over. 

I liked nearly all of the players then, there's barely one I like anymore. Needs to be a huge clear out in the summer.

i really struggle to seen any differences between Morris and fawaz. We'll end up in the same situation as them if it continues

5 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

To be fair everytime he's sacked someone he's had to and beenleft with no choice 

mac was linked with Newcastle & wheels came off

clement allegedly had stinky fingers

pearson allegedly got involved in fisty cuffs

We'll hear something on the grapevine in the next few days how he had no choice and mac had to go a second time 

This is satirical right? 

36 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

True that we can't sack him but I'd like to see a serious protest against the way he runs the club. He's making us into a complete joke. Yes he's pumped money in but that's mainly been spent on crap players rather than actually improving the club.

Are you seriously blaming the chairman for backing his managers in the transfer market?

Just now, eddie said:

Are you seriously blaming the chairman for backing his managers in the transfer market?

Come on eddie.

we can't be sure that incoming players are actually the managers choice. Didn't mel say that only three of PC's signings were his suggestion?

28 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

The thing about Rowett is why would he come? Norwich have shown a serious commitment to Alex Neil, but that job will be available soon.

We're a complete laughing stock. Would anybody here like to work for Mel Morris?

Alex Neil was sacked the day before yesterday.

Archived