Can we sack Mel Morris?

Posh Ram

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's lots of people that have to take stock of the situation. 

10th under Morris is an horrific season, likely to be our worst. 

10th under the Americans was the best we ever had or could wish to hope for. 

Morris has a clear plan for what he wants and whilst he's pumping the money into the squad is his call. He hired McClaren, Pearson & Clement, it's within his right to sack them by the same token. I desperately want him to find someone who he can work with. I don't agree that Mel is hungry for success, I genuinely believe that he just wants someone to show a bit of direction and someone who he can trust with his money. I don't think you can blame him following the money wasted. 

He backed the wrong people at the wrong time, i.e. Pearson and Clement. I do agree that I see very little logic behind the McClaren sackings, both times round. 

3 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

'We need stability' yeah yeah, that also takes patience and the fans have absolutely non. They are berating Mel for hiring and firing but they won't give the manager time either, drop a few places down the league and the club is falling apart. The biggest farce here is the hypocritical statements coming out of the mouths of the fans. 

Spot on. And the one thing I can be sure of is that the fans near me that were calling for Macs head near the end of the Preston game, will be the same one's slagging Mel off for sacking him.

Sith Happens
6 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think there's lots of people that have to take stock of the situation. 

10th under Morris is an horrific season, likely to be our worst. 

10th under the Americans was the best we ever had or could wish to hope for. 

Morris has a clear plan for what he wants and whilst he's pumping the money into the squad is his call. He hired McClaren, Pearson & Clement, it's within his right to sack them by the same token. I desperately want him to find someone who he can work with. I don't agree that Mel is hungry for success, I genuinely believe that he just wants someone to show a bit of direction and someone who he can trust with his money. I don't think you can blame him following the money wasted. 

He backed the wrong people at the wrong time, i.e. Pearson and Clement. I do agree that I see very little logic behind the McClaren sackings, both times round. 

3rd was best under GSE

10 hours ago, ossieram said:

Have you got another owner lined up that will give Mel his cash back?

Has anybody been happy with our previous owners?

Lionel was hounded out.

The 3 amigos were robbing barstewards

The LOG sold us as soon as they realised they weren't prepared to stump up enough cash to stop us becoming the laughing stock of the prem.

The yanks got loads of abuse when people realised they preferred stability to chucking cash around and gambling on reaching the prem.

This is not defending MM, just trying to see who people want and what it is they would be happy with.

You will never be able to please all of the people all of the time. We are programmed to want more, more, more, and to never look at what we have, and see that as a form of accomplishment. Nothing wrong with striving to be better, but never at the expense of what has been achieved.

Archived