Can we sack Mel Morris?

Posh Ram

Just now, RamNut said:

Come on eddie.

we can't be sure that incoming players are actually the managers choice. Didn't mel say that only three of PC's signings were his suggestion?

Yeah the others were Macs before he got sacked the first time.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Like I said on another thread. Get Wassall in until the end of the season. Get a new manager in for 12 games and if we are not top 2 then sack him and bring in another manager. Give him about the same time and if he isn't working let's put Wassall back until the end of the season. And so it goes on. We are one big joke

But this is exactly what some people want. The atmosphere at Brighton after the final whistle was exactly like it was at Rotherham last season. We are always a maximum of 3 defeats away from piling pressure on the chairman to dismiss the manager because we have an 'entitlement mentality'.

Just now, eddie said:

But this is exactly what some people want. The atmosphere at Brighton after the final whistle was exactly like it was at Rotherham last season. We are always a maximum of 3 defeats away from piling pressure on the chairman to dismiss the manager because we have an 'entitlement mentality'.

Exactly 

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Come on eddie.

we can't be sure that incoming players are actually the managers choice. Didn't mel say that only three of PC's signings were his suggestion?

Were whose suggestion - Clement's or Morris's?

19 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

To be fair everytime he's sacked someone he's had to and beenleft with no choice 

mac was linked with Newcastle & wheels came off

clement allegedly had stinky fingers

pearson allegedly got involved in fisty cuffs

We'll hear something on the grapevine in the next few days how he had no choice and mac had to go a second time 

Clement had sticky fingers? I thought he was supposed to be banging someone. What did he half inch?

Just now, bigbadbob said:

Clement had sticky fingers? I thought he was supposed to be banging someone. What did he half inch?

Stinky, not sticky.

My opinion is that any post which contains the word 'alleged' isn't usually worth reading.

1 hour ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Delete this thread!!! Mel's plowed millions of his own money into the club. Let's get SISU in.... then you'd have grounds to moan. 

No, we have grounds to moan now. He's behaving like the club is his own personal train set. It doesn't belong to him, it's OURS, and all his bullshit candy crush money means nothing. I promise you he will be driven out of Derby County one day and it won't be a day too soon when it happens. 

I think the manager merry go round reflects badly on Morris- it has been his decision to hire Clement and McClaren twice and he has made three sackings. 

I don't think the McClaren sacking is fair and I think the players will get off lightly. Morris has done a lot for this club though. The investment into the academy has been massive and playing staff as well. Obviously a lot of signings haven't been working out well but he has at least backed managers and recruitment to sign players and spend money. Season tickets remain decently priced and Morris has offered lots of incentives for cheaper tickets / travel / looking after fans etc on various matches. 

its not as if Morris is destroying the club. The recruitment of staff- players and non players has just not been good enough so far and it has resulted in trigger happy reactions. 

11 minutes ago, eddie said:

Stinky, not sticky.

My opinion is that any post which contains the word 'alleged' isn't usually worth reading.

Agree the use of alleged/allegedly is overused but given it means to claim something unproven as true, especially with reference to illicit or illegal behaviour, the use of the word prevents the user from potential prosecution. I prefer "rumoured" anyway. 

Unfortunately we can't sack Mel Morris, just wish he would clear off and take his 'Candy Crush' money with him. How can we expect to achieve anything when our last 3 full time managers (Clement, Pearson and Mac) have had about 60 odd games between them. We need stability but I just can't see it while this clown is in charge of our club. I like a lot of fans on here lived through the Robert Maxwell era. Compared to Morris, he was a saint.

39 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Maybe you could take over ? Have you got the odd £850 million knocking around. On the surface it does look farcical, but this will be the turning point for Derby County.

The thing is ALL the moaners on here have got diddley squat to invest in DCFC :thumbsup:

Hi Mel, we know you read this forum, please can you stop being a prat just because you're loaded, you're making us a laughing stock, please just choose a decent manager and actually back him to the hilt (like you did with Clement) and give him at least half a chance to succeed

'We need stability' yeah yeah, that also takes patience and the fans have absolutely non. They are berating Mel for hiring and firing but they won't give the manager time either, drop a few places down the league and the club is falling apart. The biggest farce here is the hypocritical statements coming out of the mouths of the fans. 

1 minute ago, philmycock said:

Hi Mel, we know you read this forum, please can you stop being a prat just because you're loaded, you're making us a laughing stock, please just choose a decent manager and actually back him to the hilt (like you did with Clement) and give him at least half a chance to succeed

He's the guy pumping his hard earned money into my club .... 

WHO ARE YOU ??? 

I'm really disappointed with this decision. I've been a DCFC fan for 47 years. Many of those as a season ticket holder. We've seen some farcical events in those years but this rivals the sacking of Brian Clough by Sam Longson!

The offocal statement from the club refers more to the lack of pride of the players to wear the shirt rather than the efforts of the manager and his team.

Does Morris really believe we can win promotion from this point with a new manager? If so the man is truly deluded.

My money is on Gary Rowett, but who in their right mind would come to Derby knowing that the threat of dismissal is so strong if you get a run of bad results.

Morris has deep pockets full of compensation but he is making our club a laughing stock! I have no doubt he wants the best for DCFC but constantly changing the management team will not achieve his ambitions or mine!

Just now, GerryDaly said:

The thing is ALL the moaners on here have got diddley squat to invest in DCFC :thumbsup:

I invest my season ticket money every year and so do lots of others. The yanks never put vast swathes of cash into the club, but at least they allowed it to function with some dignity (ram masks and **** t-shirts notwithstanding). Slaphead has turned us into the joke of the Championship. Just stop to consider the enormity of that statement considering he's competing with Fawaz, Tan, and Cellino.

Since Mel has been involved we've gone so far backwards. Rash decisions have almost completely undone the work that Clough put in. What used to be a team that only needed one or two new faces to get us over the line has turned into a group of mercenaries that need plenty of ins and outs. 

It's going to take a number of seasons to get back to where we were in 13/14. Ultimately though, if Mel continues his track record, that may never happen while he's pulling the strings.

Archived