Rowett's availability...

Parsnip

First of all chill the fukc out - I'm not knee jerking and demanding McClaren be sacked immediately.

Steve has proved that with the right players he can get our team playing consistantly well all season and make us genuine challengers next season. I think the wise move would be to back him over the summer, let him build the team and go again next season - with Steve in charge. STABILITY IS KEY.

But...

There are a couple of other good managers available. I'm a bit fickle, I like change... I wanted Rowett after Pearson and i'd still be pretty excited if he was brought in, or someone else like that (young, passionate, football minded). And i'll never properly forgive or trust Steve, the filthy judas, so...

Is anyone else a bit torn on this?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not torn on it, go get Rowett

The players are partially to blame, recruitment has been awful and square peggs round holes. There isnt one issue there are numerous issues. Players brought in not good enough, dont fit the system, players from the playiff final being older & not what they were etc

however when has McLaren ever 'turned it around' before, never did it with England, didnt turn it around at newcastle, didnt work second time round at twente, and didnt turn us around 

Get someone like Rowett in, give him 3-4 transfer windows and let him build something, let him be our sean dyche or eddie howe

Sack Steve, bring Rowett in, we are bottom half at Christmas, sack him as well? Sacking Managers every 5 minutes is not the answer. If Steve had have had the whole season in his first season we would have gone up. Let him rebuild in the summer, have a full pre-season and give him next season. I am disappointed with how things are but really we need to look at the bigger picture....

I think Rowett is a good manager, but I'm in the continue with McClaren camp. 

We're in this mess mostly because we're not that good.

I can't help but think throwing that Leicester replay was a mistake - soon as we "rest" players or start acting like we're not going to win every match our form goes to pot - happened under previous regimes - but I am irritated. 

26 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

First of all chill the fukc out - I'm not knee jerking and demanding McClaren be sacked immediately.

Steve has proved that with the right players he can get our team playing consistantly well all season and make us genuine challengers next season. I think the wise move would be to back him over the summer, let him build the team and go again next season - with Steve in charge. STABILITY IS KEY.

But...

There are a couple of other good managers available. I'm a bit fickle, I like change... I wanted Rowett after Pearson and i'd still be pretty excited if he was brought in, or someone else like that (young, passionate, football minded). And i'll never properly forgive or trust Steve, the filthy judas, so...

Is anyone else a bit torn on this?

No mate,I'm not

Changing managers every five minutes isn't the answer

We have a world class manager in Steve and after Pearson left us dangling in the relegation zone I would have been greatful to finish mid table.

Let's just let him rebuild a new squad and have a couple of seasons to complete the job....

No excuses then...

Archived