Rowett's availability...

Parsnip

I think the 'numerous issues' has arisen due to the tenures of 5 managers in the space of 4 years.

If you keep trying to build foundations you dont end up with a house just a pile of useless stuff somewhere near the bottom.

TIME is the key. GIve SM at least 1 season even 2 if needs be. Teams like us who have gone onto compete and get promotion on the whole have had 1 or 2 full seasons under the same manager. Boro, Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, Burnley.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No mate,I'm not

Changing managers every five minutes isn't the answer

We have a world class manager in Steve and after Pearson left us dangling in the relegation zone I would have been great full to finish mid table.

Let's just let him rebuild a new squad and have a couple of seasons to complete the job....

No excuses then...

World class manager????  Where can I find this bloke

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No mate,I'm not

We have a world class manager in Steve and after Pearson left us dangling in the relegation zone I would have been great full to finish mid table.

Let's just let him rebuild a new squad and have a couple of seasons to complete the job....

No excuses then...

I'm sorry but how on earth is mac world class? That's complete tripe. 

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No mate,I'm not

We have a world class manager in Steve and after Pearson left us dangling in the relegation zone I would have been greatful to finish mid table.

No excuses then...

WORLD CLASS? 

Really? Nobody else in the football world would say he's a world class manager. Mourinho, pep, klopp, mcclaren ? 

Changing managers every five mins has worked for chelsea, not worked so well for arsenal in the last 15 years

its not my money, sack him, let the next guy spend big and hope we get it right, just keep spending until we do thats the answer... 

Steve Mac has managed the England team, he may have failed with them, but I can be sure as **** that we were all applauding the FA when he was appointed.

He guided Middlesborough to a European Cup Final, signing players like Mendieta, Reiziger etc.

And not forgetting he won the Dutch Ereverdisie with Twente, beating the likes of PSV, Feyernord and Ajax.

World Class, it might be slightly over the top, but it isn't far off.

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

I think the 'numerous issues' has arisen due to the tenures of 5 managers in the space of 4 years.

If you keep trying to build foundations you dont end up with a house just a pile of useless stuff somewhere near the bottom.

TIME is the key. GIve SM at least 1 season even 2 if needs be. Teams like us who have gone onto compete and get promotion on the whole have had 1 or 2 full seasons under the same manager. Boro, Bournemouth, Brighton, Leicester, Burnley.

I think Mel's been trying to give managers time - but Steve started snapchatting that geordie tart half way through a season and then Clement (who was supposed to be our Fergie), well... we ALL know what Clement did.

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Steve Mac has managed the England team, he may have failed with them, but I can be sure as **** that we were all applauding the FA when he was appointed.

He guided Middlesborough to a European Cup Final, signing players like Mendieta, Reiziger etc.

And not forgetting he won the Dutch Ereverdisie with Twente, beating the likes of PSV, Feyernord and Ajax.

Nowhere near world class mate. McClaren's an average manager, his best aspect is his coaching. He also failed the second time at Twente, failed at notts Forest, failed at Newcastle, failed at a fantastic Wolfsburg side-almost ruining Mandzukic's career in the process.

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

WORLD CLASS? 

Really? Nobody else in the football world would say he's a world class manager. Mourinho, pep, klopp, mcclaren ? 

Changing managers every five mins has worked for chelsea, not worked so well for arsenal in the last 15 years

its not my money, sack him, let the next guy spend big and hope we get it right, just keep spending until we do thats the answer... 

Not a bad call, but hopefully not knee jerk. Rowett not the answer, no clout what's so ever. If we do change someone dynamic with pulling power. Clement might have been the man with another transfer window. If not. David Wagner type, born winner or slatan another born winner.. gerrard, lampard type maybe.. 

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Hmmmm,I was perhaps a little liberal with world class,but the above fits my thinking......

No,sod it,bloody world class

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Hmmmm,I was perhaps a little liberal with world class,but the above fits my thinking....

Don't back track!!! Stand by your original comment and don't be bullied out of it. Steve McClaren is god damn WORLD CLASS.

24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

True but as I have reminded others on here he has also been sacked 4 times as team manager (5 if you include England)  and resigned once, all due to poor performances

43 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

WORLD CLASS? 

Chelsea have had 5 managers in 5 years and the current one ain't going anywhere soon. We've had 5 in 18 months and now you want another one. Has it ever occurred to you that this kind of entitled garbage is what undermined the team in the first place?

The players are to blame, they treat managers With little respect, they seem completely incapable of sticking to a game plane, they cave in under pressure, they have little passion or desire, they are perennial bottlers, clear them all out and start again, Russell, Bryson, keogh, Martin, bent, Johnson, butterfield, camara, Olson, they are a group of individuals incapable of playing as a team, in my opinion! Carson, Hughes, Forsyth are decent, the rest are just not good enough.

If I were Gary Rowett I would think very long and very hard before taking over a team that chops and changes managers as often as my Bruv changes his socks if they're prepared to part company with Stevie Mac!

I am a great admirer of GR and would've welcomed him at DCFC, and hope to do so at some future date, just not yet thanks!

Archived