My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

All the best for you and your son. You'll probably know that I can understand that family are more important than even the mighty Rams.

Cheers,he’s ok and we’re at home.

Joel’s neck has swelled up both sides and the concern was another abscess but they’re happy enough to let him home.

Cheers

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Going in Monday,first of a couple of weeks of appointments.

We’re trying to keep cool,no change in Joel’s health but it’s not got worse.

Got this to give him when he goes in Monday...kept it as a surprise to cheer him up.

Thanks to those concerned.

07jmVFF.jpg

30 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Got this to give him when he goes in Monday...kept it as a surprise to cheer him up.

07jmVFF.jpg

I hope that's not match worn. My brother won Keogh's match-worn shirt in an auction and it absolutely reeked. I hope he doesn't smell like that after a shower.

13 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I hope that's not match worn. My brother won Keogh's match-worn shirt in an auction and it absolutely reeked. I hope he doesn't smell like that after a shower.

No mate.

I should just add that we never keep anything we’re given(apart from Incey’s boots)and this has already been sold for good causes,when we’ve finished with this years treatment,whatever tgat entails.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

07jmVFF.jpg

Hope all goes ok. Got a good dad joel has.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Hope all goes ok. Got a good dad joel has.

Thanks mate,interesting one on Monday.

This came through the door last week unexpectedly.

CA4X98t.jpg

Followed by a letter with an appointment Monday to see a consultant in infectious diseases?

Anyway I googled the Dr(Anne Tunbridge) and she has specialty in HIV and Ebola!!!

We’re taking it as a positive that they are looking at it differently,well that and I’m worried about an ambush and them wanting to do something horrible to Joel.

Might have to wind Joel up a bit about Ebola though.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks mate,interesting one on Monday.

This came through the door last week unexpectedly.

CA4X98t.jpg

Followed by a letter with an appointment Monday to see a consultant in infectious diseases?

Anyway I googled the Dr(Anne Tunbridge) and she has specialty in HIV and Ebola!!!

We’re taking it as a positive that they are looking at it differently,well that and I’m worried about an ambush and them wanting to do something horrible to Joel.

Might have to wind Joel up a bit about Ebola though.

The biggest mistake is reading stuff. I have died umpteen times over according to paperwork.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

I said to Joel,

Hospital think you’ve got Ebola mate!

Joel,

I hope so,it’s got to be better than what I’ve got now.

That reminds me when i was originally diagnosed with myleofibrosis, when it was changed to polycythemia vera i was like whoo hoo.

3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Sounds like Joel may have a 'new' or a varient of something that is very rare.  Has he had any genetical tests done?

After the surgery in November Joel was sent to a consultant immunologist and the results have shown nothing as far as we know but we haven’t seen them since he did the tests,all we have received is a letter and an appointment straight after for Monday with a consultant in Infectious diseases.

I’m going to have to wait and see what they say,we think he has every test done apart from a lumbar puncture,at his last MRI/CT he was clear of Cholesteatoma and that was the closest we’ve come to losing him,as it stands he is not getting any better.

I will make a note though and ask that question on Monday.

The ideal scenario is that they find something that can be treated and not serious.

My personal requirement(which is probably unrealistic)is that I want them to find something that’s not serious,easily treatable that will not involve Joel having anything else bloody horrible done to him.

Try and stay calm and listen,is the immediate task.

I forgot to mention that both Mr Ray and Mr Irving who are leading otologists,neurotologists are lost as to what’s going on.

Cheers

Archived