My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Newbie here.

...But that's no reason not to care, or ignore your desperate plight!

All the very best.  Thoughts with you all, and fingers well and truly crossed.  Don't do praying myself though, sorry.

All appreciated mate...thankyou.

I don’t believe in god either it’s desperation...we appreciate the thought.

3 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

All appreciated mate...thankyou.

I don’t believe in god either it’s desperation...we appreciate the thought.

Fully understood, John. 

Although I told a little white lie... I tried praying myself once, a couple of years ago.  Despite the hopelessness of the situation, it could be argued we got a result (as good as could have been hoped for... ish!), so I certainly wouldn't knock giving it a go.

Stay strong, my friend.

23 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Fully understood, John. 

Although I told a little white lie... I tried praying myself once, a couple of years ago.  Despite the hopelessness of the situation, it could be argued we got a result (as good as could have been hoped for... ish!), so I certainly wouldn't knock giving it a go.

Stay strong, my friend.

I tried it 3 weeks ago before they did emergency surgery on Joel,which he got through but now we’re back.

So now I’m confused wether that helped or that’s why we’re back?

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Something’s gone wrong,hopefully nothing major.

Just waiting the call back as to where we’re going.

Lots of blood and pain right side...I’ll come back to you...crap.

Thoughts with you all mate 

It’s infected but it’s not an emergency going to get some antibiotics in him and try and get it under control...cheers.

We’ve got to wait till Wednesday for Mr Ray to help us figure out a plan.

I’ll take that,Joel’s relieved,he thought they were going to open his head up again.

Having been a father for nearly 2 years i can now feel empathy with your situation.

We've had a few hospital visits with Billy which has worried the poo out of me and he is now being referred to a paediatrician for possible early signs of autism. (although we don't think it is, just a bit of delay)..

I digress...

The point i'm getting at is that i couldn't bare to see my son going through pain like this. And it pains me to see you having to go through it despite not knowing you.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

It’s infected but it’s not an emergency going to get some antibiotics in him and try and get it under control...cheers.

We’ve got to wait till Wednesday for Mr Ray to help us figure out a plan.

I’ll take that,Joel’s relieved,he thought they were going to open his head up again.

That's good news, you must all be relieved. Come on Joel we need you match fit for Wednesday so you can wave your snake at the telly. ?

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Having been a father for nearly 2 years i can now feel empathy with your situation.

We've had a few hospital visits with Billy which has worried the poo out of me and he is now being referred to a paediatrician for possible early signs of autism. (although we don't think it is, just a bit of delay)..

I digress...

The point i'm getting at is that i couldn't bare to see my son going through pain like this. And it pains me to see you having to go through it despite not knowing you.

I can only describe it as being on the worst Rollercoaster and no matter how hard you try you can’t get off the bloody thing.

And thanks for the kind thoughts mate,if we’re going to beat this it’s words like that will give us the strength to do it.

Thanks to all of you and I do show Joel.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Got to go back in this morning,

not a great situation not an emergency but not great.

I’ll spare you any more details,suffice to say he has never recovered from the surgery.

Really hope hey get him sorted quickly John. Will keep fingers crossed for a nice relaxed Christmas in the Conehead household. God knows you all deserve it, not least of all Joel himself, poor lad! Hopefully a restful, peaceful and stress free Xmas break beckons for you all.

23 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Got to go back in this morning,

not a great situation not an emergency but not great.

I’ll spare you any more details,suffice to say he has never recovered from the surgery.

Sorry to hear that mate.. Hope it does not ruin Christmas for the Cones.

Fingers crossed it's like the M1 @ midnight on Boxing Day in The Howard. Cones everywhere. ?

37 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sorry to hear that mate.. Hope it does not ruin Christmas for the Cones.

Fingers crossed it's like the M1 @ midnight on Boxing Day in The Howard. Cones everywhere. ?

I’m hopeful mate and I have got a plan.

It’s a cunning plan and as Blackadder once said it’s so cunning you could put a tale on it and call it a weasel?

We’ve had to do it today mate or we could be deep in it over Xmas when there’s no one in to sort it.

We’re going in about half an hour so,I’ll come back to you when I know what they want to do.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Really hope hey get him sorted quickly John. Will keep fingers crossed for a nice relaxed Christmas in the Conehead household. God knows you all deserve it, not least of all Joel himself, poor lad! Hopefully a restful, peaceful and stress free Xmas break beckons for you all.

Cheers and all the best to you lot and especially your Dad.

No stress mate,I’ve got it all worked out?

Archived