Sign in to follow this  
Van Cone De Head

My Lads op.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Sounds like Joel may have a 'new' or a varient of something that is very rare.  Has he had any genetical tests done?

After the surgery in November Joel was sent to a consultant immunologist and the results have shown nothing as far as we know but we haven’t seen them since he did the tests,all we have received is a letter and an appointment straight after for Monday with a consultant in Infectious diseases.

I’m going to have to wait and see what they say,we think he has every test done apart from a lumbar puncture,at his last MRI/CT he was clear of Cholesteatoma and that was the closest we’ve come to losing him,as it stands he is not getting any better.

I will make a note though and ask that question on Monday.

The ideal scenario is that they find something that can be treated and not serious.

My personal requirement(which is probably unrealistic)is that I want them to find something that’s not serious,easily treatable that will not involve Joel having anything else bloody horrible done to him.

Try and stay calm and listen,is the immediate task.

I forgot to mention that both Mr Ray and Mr Irving who are leading otologists,neurotologists are lost as to what’s going on.

Cheers

Edited by coneheadjohn

On 21/03/2019 at 20:26, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks mate,interesting one on Monday.

This came through the door last week unexpectedly.

CA4X98t.jpg

Followed by a letter with an appointment Monday to see a consultant in infectious diseases?

Anyway I googled the Dr(Anne Tunbridge) and she has specialty in HIV and Ebola!!!

We’re taking it as a positive that they are looking at it differently,well that and I’m worried about an ambush and them wanting to do something horrible to Joel.

Might have to wind Joel up a bit about Ebola though.

Mate, not checked for awhile but liking the cones humour to get through every piece of crap thrown your way.

Which brings me to point 9, its like thrown on for good measure, after the previous 8 quite understandable too.

Just wishing you all luck..... as for Mrs cones new fetish 😳

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Mate, not checked for awhile but liking the cones humour to get through every piece of crap thrown your way.

Which brings me to point 9, its like thrown on for good measure, after the previous 8 quite understandable too.

To be fair number 9 is like stating the bleeding obvious, who wouldn't be anxious?

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

To be fair number 9 is like stating the bleeding obvious, who wouldn't be anxious?

Exactly! Just made me smile, it just had to top off the more serious stuff.

2 hours ago, Zag zig said:

I know mate,it’s almost like a punchline down at the bottom.

More importantly Joel cracked up at the irony of it.

No comment on the Mrs😫

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I always remember a consultation in Birmingham end of 2016 when we walked in a room to see Mr Irving and there were 4 Doctors all looking sad telling us about the operation Joel needed etc etc( there was a picture on here once of it).

Joel got up shaking and before I could get him he was off and running through the Hospital,which is massive.

I’m chasing him shouting at him to stop,this went on till we left the hospital main entrance.

People screaming,security were chasing me,shouting at me,fortunately I caught him just outside the entrance,Joel was hysterical,shaking,crying he was a complete state.

We sorted him out though,I ended up carrying him to the car.

l know anxiety is different for everyone and is horrible but that will always be the definition of anxiety in my mind,the cause could be anything.

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I always remember a consultation in Birmingham end of 2016 when we walked in a room to see Mr Irving and there were 4 Doctors all looking sad telling us about the operation Joel needed etc etc( there was a picture on here once of it).

Joel got up shaking and before I could get him he was off and running through the Hospital,which is massive.

I’m chasing him shouting at him to stop,this went on till we left the hospital main entrance.

People screaming,security were chasing me,shouting at me,fortunately I caught him just outside the entrance,Joel was hysterical,shaking,crying he was a complete state.

We sorted him out though,I ended up carrying him to the car.

l know anxiety is different for everyone and is horrible but that will always be the definition of anxiety in my mind,the cause could be anything.

I wouldn't diagnose that as anxiety,  id call it being poo scared.

Like you say so many different definitions but sometimes we are just frightened.

52 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I wouldn't diagnose that as anxiety,  id call it being poo scared.

Like you say so many different definitions but sometimes we are just frightened.

Yes...I’m sure you’ve been in that position mate?

Posted (edited)

This is wierd,in all the years I’ve been coming to Hospitals I’ve never been on a Wing like this.

They took Joel away when I got here and I haven’t seen him since,I wouldn’t like to be in here at night😫,it’s not very nice in the day.

Joel’s back all freaked out😆,he doesn’t like it either.

Edited by coneheadjohn

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

This is wierd,in all the years I’ve been coming to Hospitals I’ve never been on a Wing like this.

They took Joel away when I got here and I haven’t seen him since,I wouldn’t like to be in here at night😫,it’s not very nice in the day.

I would ask for pictures, but it's probably best not to.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Do you think it's too late for the addiction recovery?

It’s shocking ,Joel keeps making me laugh and he’s banned me from going to the toilets because he says it’s not safe.

Nurses are fantastic mind,we’re spoilt.

Edited by coneheadjohn

Apart from being really strange that has got to be the best department we have been in,virtually no patients,lovely staff and Dr Tunbridge was fantastic.

Her thinking is that the consultants have missed something which she thinks is Streptococcus Milleri which Joel tested positive for in November and is the primary cause of Brain Abscess.

She thinks Joel may still have some in his right side which is why he is constantly unwell.

They’re going to do some different scans on Joel to work out if that’s it then he will be admitted and treated with specific intravenous antibiotics to hopefully get rid of it.

She’s not sure and if that’s not it,it will need to be cut out,which we could do with out.

Dr Tunbridge will speak to Prof Ray who we see a week tomorrow,they will come up with the right scan and we will go from that.

We are looking at May for him to be admitted but these things are usually delayed.

Thanks