My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

How is Joel doing today @coneheadjohn

@Mrs Cone is at the hospital.Joel is doing well and was due to be home Monday,we are hoping to have him home today,which is unbelievable but great.

I’m going to get Lynne to update it because she spoke to the Doctors today so might be able to explain it better.

As @mozza says,I’m at home force feeding the dogs.

Joel is doing so well he's coming home!!!?? just waiting for his meds to come to the ward then we are escaping!

Been a very distressing few days, lots of tears, very little sleep but we got there. If you're squeamish stop reading here!

Joel had a huge abscess, lots of pus, a severe infection and a hole in the cavity wall. All the infected bone has been drilled out and removed along with all of the infected tissue and abscess. They have widened his ear canal so air can get in and help keep it dry and this will make it easier in clinic to keep an eye on it and hopefully help prevent a cholesteatoma returning. Thankfully they are pretty sure that the infection has been contained in a cavity away from the brain. He has stitches inside and out but on the outside the have gone through the same scar as his last op as his head already looks like spaghetti junction.

We won't find out for another 4 weeks when the packing is removed if Joel's hearing on his right side has been affected for better or worse. As he is 100%deaf in his left side he can't hear anything at the minute, we are communicating via a notepad and very elaborate acting!

Still got a long recovery ahead but my little soldier is doing great.  So proud of him xx❤❤

Thankyou so much for all of your support and kind words, it means the world xx??

http://imgur.com/gallery/6PuJ3eV

Oh dear lord, you are all so brave.

Joel sounds as though he has had more to cope with in his short life than most of us ever will. I hope it all comes good for him and for you all.

I've found myself thinking of you guys recently each time I bicker about something completely inconsequential with Mrs Hants and I find myself shutting up - unprompted. What a force for good you all are.

Much respect, Hants x

Brilliant news. Great end to a terrible week... back home and get 3 points in the bag..every little helps.

Can I ask why when he is obviously so closer monitored and been seen recently has the abscess been able to go unchecked? Is it just fast paced, or did they know something was wrong but hoped it would go away etc?

I bet you are all experts on his condition as you bounce from one expert to another! 

Your child getting sick is your worse fear, and as always your bravery puts me to shame. Have a great weekend. What a rollercoaster for you, nice quiet few days in order for you.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Brilliant news. Great end to a terrible week... back home and get 3 points in the bag..every little helps.

Can I ask why when he is obviously so closer monitored and been seen recently has the abscess been able to go unchecked? Is it just fast paced, or did they know something was wrong but hoped it would go away etc?

I bet you are all experts on his condition as you bounce from one expert to another! 

Your child getting sick is your worse fear, and as always your bravery puts me to shame. Have a great weekend. What a rollercoaster for you, nice quiet few days in order for you.

That’s a good question.

I’m not sure,we knew there was a problem right side but the focus is mostly on the left because that has been the worst.

It has been suggested that Mr Irving should have looked at this more in Birmingham but that doesn’t matter now.

Joel has been ok(by his standards)for 2 or 3 weeks and certainly seemed ok at the Sheffield Utd game but we had said to each other to get ready because we were due something.

When we get chance to talk about it,we’ll try and work out what happened and if there’s anything we can do different.

My observations generally are immense pride,firstly with Joel because he deals with a horrendous situation so well and the rest of my lot who went into action like a finely tuned machine.

Prof Ray and all the doctors were bang on and without them we would have been in deep doo doo.

I actually ended up in the hospital chapel Thursday morning after Joel had gone in,not because I’d found god,I just thought it can’t hurt and nothing else is working.

Anyway we’re going to have a day of footie today.

Come on Derby?

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

That’s a good question.

I’m not sure,we knew there was a problem right side but the focus is mostly on the left because that has been the worst.

It has been suggested that Mr Irving should have looked at this more in Birmingham but that doesn’t matter now.

Joel has been ok(by his standards)for 2 or 3 weeks and certainly seemed ok at the Sheffield Utd game but we had said to each other to get ready because we were due something.

When we get chance to talk about it,we’ll try and work out what happened and if there’s anything we can do different.

My observations generally are immense pride,firstly with Joel because he deals with a horrendous situation so well and the rest of my lot who went into action like a finely tuned machine.

Prof Ray and all the doctors were bang on and without them we would have been in deep doo doo.

I actually ended up in the hospital chapel Thursday morning after Joel had gone in,not because I’d found god,I just thought it can’t hurt and nothing else is working.

Anyway we’re going to have a day of footie today.

Come on Derby?

It’s bloody tough on all of you. Joel who is ill and going through it and you and mrs cone just wanting to take away the pain. You are an inspiration to us all. Have a good weekend and hopefully 3pts for the rams ?

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

They do corporate now. Suited and booted don’t ya know. No South stand for the Cones. 

Hahaha,we have to go corporate mate,we all got banning orders after Rotherham.

We all enjoy trying to guess what the starters and desserts are in the Dave Mackay.

Archived