My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen as we’re discussing politics again I can get away with updating this.

Firstly I had a freaky dream about Joel Saturday where he was in this huge metal helmet which had flashing lights coming out of it,woke up hysterical and had to run downstairs to make sure he was ok.(I hadn’t taken anything!)

Anyway,had a letter from Infectious Diseases this morning,which i’ll put underneath.

Joel had a CT yesterday and some cleaning at Prof Rays clinic and will go back for MRI in the next few days.

Personally found the last 2 or 3 days difficult I suspect worrying about some of the things they’ve not been telling us and the whole constant,letters,appointments,phone calls etc.Main thing being Joel is doing ok.

Cheers

HJ73AAP.jpg

• 2 months later...

D-Day tomorrow first thing,so I’ll come back to you when we’ve got all the results.

Spared you all the ins and outs with the mood being so good.

Thanks to the delays we made Wembley big thanks to the forum and Mel for that,gave Joel a big lift.

I’ll come back to you at some point tomorrow?

I have followed Joel's issues on here for some time.  Whenever I'm feeling a bit low or have pains and aches, I think of two people:- Joel and The Victorian explorer Sir Richard Burton. (He had a spear go through his cheeks in the Sudan and knowing he would bleed to death if he pulled it out he held onto it and walked about 30 miles to the British camp.) so my little problems fade into insignifance when compared to those of Joel and Sir Dick. They both provide a slap in the face and a challenge to stop moping around. 

I really hope all goes well for Joel 

27 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

D-Day tomorrow first thing,so I’ll come back to you when we’ve got all the results.

Spared you all the ins and outs with the mood being so good.

Thanks to the delays we made Wembley big thanks to the forum and Mel for that,gave Joel a big lift.

I’ll come back to you at some point tomorrow?

??

Keep it brief,problem is related to the amount of surgery.

I have attached a picture of the Ct scan which probably means nothing but shows lack of bone and blocked up right side and stuff all surgery related.

Anyway,just going to keep a close eye on it and there’s talk of doing all sorts of fancy stuff with stem cells but the plan to get him in for an extended period of treatment is off,just emergency treatment if needed.Joel’s not great at the minute but he’s been worse...cheers.

9a1C1uy.jpg

11 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I have attached a picture of the Ct scan which probably means nothing but shows lack of bone and blocked up right side and stuff all surgery related.

Anyway,just going to keep a close eye on it and there’s talk of doing all sorts of fancy stuff with stem cells but the plan to get him in for an extended period of treatment is off,just emergency treatment if needed.Joel’s not great at the minute but he’s been worse...cheers.

9a1C1uy.jpg

I hope everything goes well mate

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

9a1C1uy.jpg

You never told us Joel is an alien.?

Seriously though hope all goes good for him and all of you.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

You never told us Joel is an alien.?

Seriously though hope all goes good for him and all of you.

This ones probably better,I was juggling Hospital and work so struggled posting.

The right side as you look at it around his left ear shows how much bone has been drilled out compared to the other.

The couple of white flecks caused some concern but we think it’s scar tissue or damage during surgery.

I always tell Joel these scans are negative for brain matter...just like his Dad.

cQLrC7m.jpg

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I’ve bumped it because I’m going to get into it might take me a few days.

Me and Joel been up for 2 days,he won’t go into hospital even though they’ve got a bed for him.

If it was possible, the collective best wishes of this forum would make it ok for the Van Coneheads. ?

12 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

I’ve bumped it because I’m going to get into it might take me a few days.

Me and Joel been up for 2 days,he won’t go into hospital even though they’ve got a bed for him.

? Fingers crossed for a good outcome for Joel. #COYR 

He’s due his first holiday in ten years next Thursday,5 days in Tenerife.

We’ve been surgery,recovery,relapse,more surgery since 2011 so we had to take a chance.

It’s all the doctors and finances(insurance costs)would allow.

Almost inevitably he has come down ill and needs to be in hospital(according to him and the doctors).

He’s desperate for a break and won’t go to hospital,that’s it.

Difficult.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Van Cone De Head said:

We’ve been surgery,recovery,relapse,more surgery since 2011 so we had to take a chance.

It’s all the doctors and finances(insurance costs)would allow.

Almost inevitably he has come down ill and needs to be in hospital(according to him and the doctors).

Difficult.

Very difficult yes. 

I'd be desperate for a holiday too, but putting my sensible head on for travel insurance to be valid you cannot be travelling against medical advice.

(You can tell I used to work selling Insurance ! :)  )

Really hope it is sorted and you are able to go.

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

He won't be fit to enjoy it. ? The Canary Islands are all year round sun holiday destinations - rearrange the break? We often go when the footy international breaks are on, don't want to miss Derby games. Although thanks to RamsTV that's not always the case. 

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He won't be fit to enjoy it. ? The Canary Islands are all year round sun holiday destinations - rearrange the break? We often go when the footy international breaks are on, don't want to miss Derby games. Although thanks to RamsTV that's not always the case. 

I know,I’m waiting for Professor Rays office to ring me back and we will go with his advice

Archived