My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll keep it brief.

After being discharged by Mr Irving in Birmingham we are going back in the New Year.

Mr Irving is away now till the beginning of March,we will discuss the options when he returns.

No one wants to do this but we are having to consider it.I haven’t told Joel.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26363599/

Cheers

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ll keep it brief.

After being discharged by Mr Irving in Birmingham we are going back in the New Year.

Mr Irving is away now till the beginning of March,we will discuss the options when he returns.

Cheers

I couldn't contemplate reading that never mind if it involved my child, I take my hat off to you all especially Joel .If Mr Irving isn't back until Spring have a great Christmas keep him fit as you can and try to put it behind you till next Spring mate .Easy for me to say I know but you all need to have the good times as well . Keep going boys .

16 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I couldn't contemplate reading that never mind if it involved my child, I take my hat off to you all especially Joel .If Mr Irving isn't back until Spring have a great Christmas keep him fit as you can and try to put it behind you till next Spring mate .Easy for me to say I know but you all need to have the good times as well . Keep going boys .

Thanks mate,

Everyone’s ok at the minute,things can and do change quickly but I’m ready for the fight.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:20, coneheadjohn said:

I’ll keep it brief.

Cheers

Sounds hopeful? I've not read about your lads problems in depth but you seem to be keeping up - best thing to do, even the consultants are 'making a decision'. Better to be forearmed with knowledge.

Wishing you all a jolly and happy Christmas and New year! :)

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sounds hopeful? I've not read about your lads problems in depth but you seem to be keeping up - best thing to do, even the consultants are 'making a decision'. Better to be forearmed with knowledge.

Wishing you all a jolly and happy Christmas and New year! :)

Thanks mate.Same to you?

I can't add anything more to what has already been said, Conehead, other than to wish you and all your family the very best of times over Christmas.  And I just hope that the new year is a better one for Joel in particular, but you all as well.  You all have the thoughts and best wishes of all of us.

Like to think you manage to store up some of your angst/worry and dump it here and it gets absorbed by the group. Allowing you to function and enjoy life with the family. I know I feel emotionally invested and see any new post with a mixture of hope and trepidation. Will give my boys an extra hug today. All the best for an enjoyable Xmas and fresh hope in the new year.

15 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Like to think you manage to store up some of your angst/worry and dump it here and it gets absorbed by the group. Allowing you to function and enjoy life with the family. I know I feel emotionally invested and see any new post with a mixture of hope and trepidation. Will give my boys an extra hug today. All the best for an enjoyable Xmas and fresh hope in the new year.

Top post this. Wishing Joel and all our boys and girls the best for 2018.

On 15/12/2017 at 06:58, Chester40 said:

I wouldn’t have got this far without you mate and that has helped drag Joel through it,you will never know how grateful I (we) are.

I only put a fraction of everything on here...cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been lurking and following this thread since the big cone put it on.......but not anymore!!:)

Just want to thank each and everyone of you(if I could do it personally I would) for all of your support and comments. 

You are all a bunch of stars and when I'm feeling down about our boys illness I come and have a look at all of your comments and it really lifts the spirits(even though you've had me close to tears)

Joel is a fantastic kid and dosn't deserve what he's going through but he's also tough as old boots and will carry on fighting!

So thankyou for everything, you will never realise how much you have helped! Xx

He’s a very lucky man..... he regularly tweets and supports me with what I do, and he’s been nothing but inspirational and brave in writing about Joel’s illness on here and elsewhere. You also have good taste in naming your son! My eldest is a Joel too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Joel’s due his 6 month MRI so I thought I’d update his thread and what’s been going on and what the plan is.

I was going to put it off till Mr Irving was back but I sort of decided Tuesday night that he needed it doing.It was 2 in the morning Joel couldn’t sleep and I was up talking with him and looking at him and he is not great at the minute,still a slow,decline it is starting to concern me(again).

I spoke with Professor Ray’s office this morning and they want him in.

My only concern on this is that if they show something we’re knackered till the beginning of March anyway.

Behind the scenes we’ve just been trying to get on top of the things we can control,work,Josh and Jakey.

Just getting everything in order just in case we need to do something quickly  we’re ready.

I’ll let you know when we’ve been and the results.

Cheers

Archived