My Lads op.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Fantastic boys, you are an inspiration to the home game only fan which I have become.You have made me realise I must do more way games . 

Yeah - come sarf Kev.

You get sandwiches without crusts and stewards with monocles and everything down here.

Reading gate staff insist on learning all away fans by first name :lol:

19 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Fantastic boys, you are an inspiration to the home game only fan which I have become.You have made me realise I must do more way games . 

To be fair Donny is closer to Sheffield than Derby.

If we were full fans we'd being going to Vale.

Suffice to say that he(we) had a great time,he struggles in noisy environments and is still only 7 stone so struggles again physically but it was great,a real boost.

Hospital letter came this morning strangely enough for his DWI MRI and tests so Northampton is out for him.

Thanks everyone.

9 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Suffice to say that he(we) had a great time,he struggles in noisy environments and is still only 7 stone so struggles again physically but it was great,a real boost.

Hospital letter came this morning strangely enough for his DWI MRI and tests so Northampton is out for him.

Thanks everyone.

Keep strong and positive John. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was out shopping yesterday morning and Mrs Cone is on the phone distressed because another letter calling Joel in for another MRI has landed on the mat?

3 in a month,that's not normal even by our standards.

I spoke to radiology and they were vague and then told me it must be a duplicate?I questioned this and I was not convinced so phoned Queens in Brum.

Mr Irvings secretary informs me that Mr Irving has requested a 3rd MRI but she doesn't know why.

Now,I love Tracey,she sorts out all Joel's ops,appointments and listens to a grown man(me)falling apart on a regular basis,however on this occasion I knew she was keeping something from and that coupled with the Radiology nonsense led to me losing my s****(as they say).

Suffice to say Joel will have a 3rd MRI this weekend and hopefully we will find out what they can see that we can't. as Joel is not great and is starting to fray a bit at the edges.

Sorry for wittering on.

I did learn a valuable lesson yesterday as in the midst of all the phone calls,I realised that I needed to get a grip of myself otherwise I was going to be no use to anyone.

It was a blessing there was a match last night got me out and let think things through.

Come back to you when we find out what's going on,that's going to be a stressful appointment I reckon.

Cheers

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

I was out shopping yesterday morning and Mrs Cone is on the phone distressed because another letter calling Joel in for another MRI has landed on the mat?

3 in a month,that's not normal even by our standards.

I spoke to radiology and they were vague and then told me it must be a duplicate?I questioned this and I was not convinced so phoned Queens in Brum.

Mr Irvings secretary informs me that Mr Irving has requested a 3rd MRI but she doesn't know why.

Now,I love Tracey,she sorts out all Joel's ops,appointments and listens to a grown man(me)falling apart on a regular basis,however on this occasion I knew she was keeping something from and that coupled with the Radiology nonsense led to me losing my s****(as they say).

Suffice to say Joel will have a 3rd MRI this weekend and hopefully we will find out what they can see that we can't. as Joel is not great and is starting to fray a bit at the edges.

Sorry for wittering on.

I did learn a valuable lesson yesterday as in the midst of all the phone calls,I realised that I needed to get a grip of myself otherwise I was going to be no use to anyone.

It was a blessing there was a match last night got me out and let think things through.

Come back to you when we find out what's going on,that's going to be a stressful appointment I reckon.

Cheers

Try to look on the positive side... Easy for me to say, I know that but Joel needs you strong.

Thoughts still with the Cones...

Its definitely good to vent...get emotions voiced/out there so you can make sense of it all, get perspective and express your fears. Then you shove it all back away and act positive cause that's the best and only thing you can do. 

We can't do anything but read and be that sounding board you need...say the same platitudes that are nevertheless true...like we can't imagine how horrible it is...but that you're doing amazing and we hope for the best.  You keep wittering as much as you like...we'll keep reading and praying it all turns out ok. Best wishes! !

Archived