Derby County v Cardiff City - match day thread

Kernow

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Well...I hate to be the one that said I told you so again....BUT a nice easy game away to Millwall and into the 1/4 finals of the FA Cup all of a sudden seems like a great idea doesn't it...? What a wasted opportunity that was because as sure as night follows day we are totally out of any chance of the play offs now.

Spot ******* on

5 minutes ago, Makedoh said:

BIG clear out needed in the summer. 

Rubbish Derby

Sadly I agree. Football (beyond a certain level of physical ability) is played in the head. We don't have that mental ability. Bottlers is actually harsh as I genuinely think they care. But they don't have it. Like England in a penalty shootout. Something is inheritanly wrong with our side between the ears. It's why I cried out for Barton for 3 years. He's an arse but I thought he would crack some skulls. Punch a player or two and get them to man up. But no. We got a kid from boro, who has a wealth of ability, but would never scream "Sparta!" convincingly enough to lead. 

A very disappointing result. if this doesn't say that the players aren't up to it i don't know what does? Warnock started life as a Burton Albion manager in the Northern Premier league and now mugs Derby by 4 goals. Our club should be ashamed by recent results.If it weren't for Villa Derby would be a complete laughing stock instead of a partial one.

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Yeah because it's fair to blame Keogh for the failings of an entire team. It was Pearce that gave the penalty away by the way from what I heard.

And I am not blaming keogh but pearce was trying to tackle an attacker who broke through in keoghs position ie the right centre half position when he gave away the pen 

Where was keogh and what was our system supposed to be?

Other results gone against us for those looking at playoff prospects. 

For me tho we have shipped 11 goals in our last 4 home games I think. Midfield injuries may well have contributed. If we play all ball players who don't tackle then there's an accident waiting to happen. 

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out to people but for that goal to happen both Buxton and Forsyth had to fail to clear the ball or put in a serious tackle, which they both should have done. Keogh was left in a desperate position and made a hash of it, to blame him entirely is wrong.

Yes the poor pass from Buxton out left when attacking, Forsyth could have booted into touch, however don't try and control a ball in the 89th minute as he is know Beckenbaur, Kroll, Moore, Tito West, McFarland, Todd, Barrasi, McGrath - rest my case an average defender, I said it 3 years ago, we won't go up as him as captain.  Nice bloke, passionate and all the rest but Zamora could not believe his luck.. it was the best lay off he ever had and it wasn't from Frank Stapleton or Charlie George, Kevin Hector... nope from our defender. Our season is over 7 conceded at home in 2 games !!! 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Not a Keogh basher but him and Pearce lost EVERY first header. Can't happen. Cost us at least 2 goals. 

Defensively woeful. What must Bent and Ince be thinking 

They must be thinking they are both on loan again. 

Archived