Cyrus Christie

belperram9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never given so many likes to a thread. If i have said it once i have said 10000 times. Christie is a liability and we have showed in the past 3 months how much we have improved with Baird at the back. To improve over the summer let Christie go. Would make a decent wing back but not RB. Ask Incey who he prefers behind him.....

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sums up the intelligence of some of the commentators...'great cross from Christie but there's no player there to get on the end of it'.

Well how the hell is it a good cross then? It's not. It's just a hopeful punt into a dangerous area.

The speed of the game requires the forward players to anticipate a good cross and attack the area of it. The professional footballer who said "great cross" from Christie was dead right. Very rarely does a wide player have the opportunity to literally pick out the player. Most of the time all they are required to do is to deliver the ball in the correct area. It's the player who has anticipated the cross who nine times out of ten makes it look special. That's why the good goal scorers get all the money.

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The speed of the game requires the forward players to anticipate a good cross and attack the area of it. The professional footballer who said "great cross" from Christie was dead right. Very rarely does a wide player have the opportunity to literally pick out the player. Most of the time all they are required to do is to deliver the ball in the correct area. It's the player who has anticipated the cross who nine times out of ten makes it look special. That's why the good goal scorers get all the money.

When pressed by a defender and don't have time to think, yes, you 'put it into an area'

That isn't the situation Christie faced tonight though. He had time and he had space on multiple occasions. Leicester allowed this. Those 'rare times' you mention in your post came to him 4 or 5 times in this match.

The more time you give Christie on the ball the worse he gets.

When the situation requires an early cross from deep, Christie will run it into a corner.

When the situation requires you to wait for men to get into the box, Christie will hit a cross from deep before they get there.

3 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Jesus christ people are harsh. The man plays ok against premier league opposition for 120 minutes after JUST returning from quite a bad injury. Give him some time at least.

He was awful though. He has been for a while it's the odd purple patch. Just makes the wrong decision so many times. Also why do you need to take on the world? Just put the ball in the box when you have a chance. If there is no one in there, that's not his problem!

1 hour ago, belperram9 said:

How poor is this guy seriously? I cringe when I watch him play he's so bad. How he is a professional footballer is beyond me! 

You do realise that he came back from injury? He played good tbh. At least he's a footballer than you'll ever be. :lol: Get a grip. 

In the games before his injury he was playing well for us. I'm confident that once he's back up to speed again he'll return to that form.

Starting to feel like we have more critics in our 'fan' base than actual supporters with the amount of criticism thrown around. Every defeat has to be somebody's fault. Every goal conceded. Every chance missed.

He's not a bad player, but I think Baird's extended run in the tem has shown Derby fans exactly what Christie lacks at the moment. That consistancy in defence and know-how in attack to realise what crosses need to be played and when.

I'm sure he knows this as well and will be working on this. He's just back from injury so I'll cut him some slack. But I'd want Baird starting on Saturday.

I like Christee he has bags of energy, and is a good outlet, and his defending is not as bad as some make out, But since Baird has come into the side he has been excellent, Christee is 24 years old so he has time on his side, and I am sure he will be learning loads of Chris Powell, and Chris Baird, as he learns the game more he will know when to attack and when to hold his position, but at this moment in time Baird is the better option at right back, in fact I not seen a better right back in the championship than Baird for consistancey.

25 minutes ago, rammieib said:

He was awful though. He has been for a while it's the odd purple patch. Just makes the wrong decision so many times. Also why do you need to take on the world? Just put the ball in the box when you have a chance. If there is no one in there, that's not his problem!

He really wasn't awful though was he. He made a few poor decisions granted, but he put a few great balls in too. He was also defending against an excellent Gray, who was by miles the best player on the pitch and also tore Baird apart in the leg at our place. Cut him some slack. 

I think we should sell him whilst he has some value, fool clubs to making them think he is sensational. Was it keown commentating on his amazing crosses and runs last night? Or it may of been Le Saux? Either way get them to put a good word in, cash in and buy a new RB ready for next season.

11 hours ago, belperram9 said:

How poor is this guy seriously? I cringe when I watch him play he's so bad. How he is a professional footballer is beyond me! 

I cringe at posts like these. Is it no longer possible to simply criticise a players performance without adding in the overreactions? 

Are you seriously telling us in all his time at Derby you haven't seen anything, nothing at all to suggest he's a professional footballer, not one game?

Was he frustrating last night? yes at times, lost the ball a few times in decent situations, although we also had no bodies in the box for him to pick out with his balls (ooh err) as usual. 

Where were they all? 

Anya the same.

If we're not going to put players in the box stop the crosses now. Absolute waste of time.

It's also worth taking into consideration this is his first start for 3 months and ends up playing 120 minutes of football.

This thread is an embarrassment. All the pros said how well he did, first game back from injury against a Prem side and people on here are saying he shouldn't even be a pro football player. His crosses were great end off, if his were bad than Albrighton should be a shelf stacker.

Armchair wankery.

Archived