Cyrus Christie

belperram9

12 hours ago, belperram9 said:

How poor is this guy seriously? I cringe when I watch him play he's so bad. How he is a professional footballer is beyond me! 

How can you say he was poor when he's not played a full 90 minutes for over 3 months and he was asked to play 120 minutes. Give your head a wobble.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, belperram9 said:

How poor is this guy seriously? I cringe when I watch him play he's so bad. How he is a professional footballer is beyond me! 

How poor is this poster seriously? I cringe when I read his stuff, he's so bad. How he is so incapable of understanding the term "supporter" is beyond me.

His last game was bonfire night when he broke his foot. This was his first game back trying to rebuild his fitness and he had to play against Gray and did well and long after Lowe (of course also coming back from injury) stopped getting forward on the left Cyrus continued to be our outlet. It was a very promising performance that augers well for the rest of the season.

47 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

How can you say he was poor when he's not played a full 90 minutes for over 3 months and he was asked to play 120 minutes. Give your head a wobble.

His physical fitness levels are absolutely nothing to do with his issues.

He's had a foot inury, not a brain injury. After another 2 months of matches he'll putting in exactly the same sort of performance as last night.

It seems to be enough just to see a lot of the ball for some people to be convinced he's had a good game, to be considered an outlet, regardless he's actually bloody done with the ball once he's got it.

I'd have thought that 3 months of people watching Baird play the position well would have changed people's views a bit.

19 minutes ago, Coconut said:

His physical fitness levels are absolutely nothing to do with his issues.

He's had a foot inury, not a brain injury. After another 2 months of matches he'll putting in exactly the same sort of performance as last night.

It seems to be enough just to see a lot of the ball for some people to be convinced he's had a good game, to be considered an outlet, regardless he's actually bloody done with the ball once he's got it.

I'd have thought that 3 months of people watching Baird play the position well would have changed people's views a bit.

Are you being serious? If you have a foot injury it means you can't do cardio training which means you can't keep your fitness levels up? How can you say this wouldn't affect him?

You clearly aren't a Christie fan but I mean that's just down right ignorance if you feel that way. 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Are you being serious? If you have a foot injury it means you can't do cardio training which means you can't keep your fitness levels up? How can you say this wouldn't affect him?

You clearly aren't a Christie fan but I mean that's just down right ignorance if you feel that way. 

How many times before his injury did Christie get himself in a right tangle because gets so far but then doesn't know what to do? The fact that he was still bombing up and down deep into injury time showed this was not a fitness issue.

When Christie plays with instinct he's far better. Gets into a position where you can deliver the ball, and does it. He really can cross a ball. 

He gets in trouble when he thinks too much. Tries to take too many players on, runs out of options, loses the ball, gets caught forward.

Drives me potty when he plays with Ince as they invariably end up treading on each others toes. 

5 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Drives me potty when he plays with Ince as they invariably end up treading on each others toes. 

How perfect would Andre Wisdom be for this team!! He is just the RB that we need. Stays back and can defend and would be able to complete a 50+ game season! Baird has done well but it has taught us that we need a more defensive RB when he plays RW which Baird fits, but he is getting on a bit. 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

This thread is an embarrassment. All the pros said how well he did, first game back from injury against a Prem side and people on here are saying he shouldn't even be a pro football player. His crosses were great end off, if his were bad than Albrighton should be a shelf stacker.

Armchair wankery.

What a great phrase. It should be adopted on here wholesale from now on. #armchairwankery

Those slagging him off seem to have missed the point that last night was clearly about getting players fitter and having a look at some who haven't had much game time.

The result was secondary and a bonus had it gone our way.

So for Cyrus it was a very productive night. First game in three months, 120 mins of competitive football and he came through unscathed and having put plenty of running in. A good night for him which will help get him back up to speed.

Give him a bloody break. Yeah he was poor last night, but he's hardly going to be fit and he's got to be given time to get back up to speed. 

It wasn't long ago he was on fire and we were all raving about how he's finally reaching his potential. 

Thought he did ok. Felt for him when he made albrighton (I think) look a mug to make himself some space and then slipped over. Was a class move.

Obviously ring rusty and will need time to get back to speed. I don't know why but seemed not to run into Razza in the way he appears in Tom Inces space - maybe Tom needs to work on an understanding and come inside more when Cyrus is off on a run.

Was understandably struggling to get up and down in extra time but that's no disgrace at all for a player thrown back in after a longish layoff.

Yes Christie is useless, he should be able to put cross on top of his forwards head. I mean look at the list of other fullbacks that do it every week, erm,  give me a moment, I'm sure I saw a goal in the premier the other week. 

For god's sake, he's playing championship football not champions league, like the bloke he was marking last night. 

20 minutes ago, Alex W said:

He and Lowe both played 120 minutes while clearly not match fit after long term injuries. What do you want from them? They both did fine.

Plus he was up against Gray who is a million miles ahead of anything he'll face down the in the Championship. We did well to contain him as much as we did, only scored when we were tired in extra time. People in this thread have the strange idea that wingers cross direct to a striker head which is dumb. But they need a new scapegoat I guess.

15 hours ago, belperram9 said:

In footy and all walks of life you have ability and intelligence.

Some players have limited ability but are very intelligent players. Paul McGrath (in his latter years), Gareth Ainsworth at Burnley in his latter years and dare I say Baird, intelligent players who know how to do the simple things well.

Then you have Messi and Iniesta, Xavi etc who have both ability and intelligence.

Then you have players like Christie (and I've heard Mason Bennet be described the same)..they have all the ability in the world but not the intelligence to know when to pass, shoot and move into space.

26 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Christie, Lowe, Nugent, Blackman....All rusty through lack of game time and fitness. Simple as.

Could also include Anya and Camara who have barely played.

When half the team were coming back from injuries last nights performance wasn't that bad at all. Wasn't flawless by no means but far more positives than negatives to be had

6 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

You've completely missed the point. He could be 100% match fit, he could be playing his 50th straight game. He could run all day and night, but if what goes on between his ears doesn't change then he'll always be utterly infuriating.

His intelligence on the pitch hasn't developed since he arrived. The level of frustration  when watching him doesn't alter based upon his physical condition.

He wasn't any better or worse last night than be usually is.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In footy and all walks of life you have ability and intelligence.

Some players have limited ability but are very intelligent players. Paul McGrath (in his latter years), Gareth Ainsworth at Burnley in his latter years and dare I say Baird, intelligent players who know how to do the simple things well.

Then you have Messi and Iniesta, Xavi etc who have both ability and intelligence.

Then you have players like Christie (and I've heard Mason Bennet be described the same)..they have all the ability in the world but not the intelligence to know when to pass, shoot and move into space.

This. 

I said to my mate during the game that yes he's been out injured a long time, however that means only lack of fitness can be excused (he performed manfully in that regard tbf) not awful decision making and generally not doing basic footbally things. 

Archived