February Fixtures - How many points?

RamsPolls

12 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

They're at home to Man U this weekend so should expect another defeat - then us and then there's a must win game for them against Clements improving Swansea directly after.

They could be right in the mire soon as they are only a couple of points ahead of the drop zone, so I will expect them to be concentrating on the league and field a weaker side against us.

I agree, also the next round is when the champions league restarts, which they are bound to prioritise. I could be reading too much into this but.10/5 quid tickets is either very generous or perhaps a reflection of the quality they intend to put on show 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Five points, out of the cup. Out of the play offs.
That's probably the worst case, and we'll end up with 7-9.

I think the worst case would surely be 0 points and out of the cup. ;)

7-9 points looks realistic. We will probably slip up in one of the home games at least, and the two away games look tough. I would be very pleased with 10 points, we would be in a strong position heading into March. Losing the cup tie , while disappointing, might actually help us concentrate on making the play-offs.

It's a tough one to predict.

we'll be confident coming away from a good win, but against a really poor team in Ipswich.

Newcastle result will depend on Hughes playing. You'd have to be happy with a draw. But not suicidal with a decent performance and a loss.

Leicester will be hungry for some success and I don't see us winning at their gaff.

Bristol C are the only team you'd be expecting us to roll over at home. I'd want 3 points from that.

ive got a feeling we may beat Burton, but it's their and Cloughs big day out, so they may be a tricky one. Def not forgone.

and villas new players have got gel sometime. 

Might be a case of picking up points where you least expect them and losing them where you shouldn't.

id be happy V with 12pts.

are we not including the Blackburn game in this btw...?

Fixtures

Newcastle (a) - Think we'll get a win here. 3 points

Leicester (a) FA CUP - Resting players is more important. So we'll lose.

Bristol City (h) - 3 points

Cardiff City (h) - 3 points

Burton Albion (h) - 3 points

Aston Villa (a) - 1 point at best

I'd be happy with that!

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Think someone on the forum did this in January!

We have some tough games this month. How many points would you like to see us pick up out of 15 available?

Fixtures

Newcastle (a) - lose

Leicester (a) FA CUP - lose

Bristol City (h) - win

Cardiff City (h) - win

Burton Albion (h) -win

Aston Villa (a) -draw

How many points would be a good return from this month? And what results can you see happening? 

If we're going to challenge for promotion we're gonna need 10 points at least imo, and I think we'll get exactly that, think the results above are my predictions for what will happen. Got some tough games coming up away, Newcastle are probably the only team in the league IMO who's squad is 100% better than ours, but the home games you'd really expect us to be winning imo. 

Just now, jono said:

Outsiders will expect Newcastle to win but I have a feeling we will nick it but drop points in a game that looks like a cert for us.

I'd reluctantly accept 9 but reckon we have a good chance of 11 or 12.

Now that's the Derby Way if ever I've seen! 

5 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

Now that's the Derby Way if ever I've seen! 

But you can see it cant you ... Beat the Toon playing delicious footy .. everyone goes wild, the forum lights up, dreams of the small tweaks we need to be a prem side etc etc and then a dour performance beaten by a scrappy goal against Bristol and everyone starts wrist slashing

Just now, jono said:

But you can see it cant you ... Beat the Toon playing delicious footy .. everyone goes wild, the forum lights up, dreams of the small tweaks we need to be a prem side etc etc and then a dour performance beaten by a scrappy goal against Bristol and everyone starts wrist slashing

Stevie Mac returns to St. James Park, there's jeers all round, it's raining "do I get out my brolley?" he thinks to himself. 10 minutes pass, Newcastle have hit the post and all over the Rams, but then, out of nowhere, a flash of brilliance from Will Hughes and it's 1-0 Derby. St James is silent, the home crowd don't know what happened. The home team are rattled and give up possession from kick-off, Ince finds Bryson on one of his runs, it's 2-0! 

10 more minutes and Newcastle concede a corner, Keogh is up... 3-0! There's even time for Bent to add a 4th! The rain hasn't stopped, Stevie chuckles to himself as reaches for the umbrella "Have that you Geordie ******!"

Then Bristol beat us 2-0 at Pride Park. :whistle:

I honestly believe the next 5 league games now are crucial to the remainder of our season. We always new Newcastle away was going to be a tough fixture , I couldn't make it so can't really comment on the performance but regardless we need to move on from that game. Again Leicester away in the cup is going to be a tough call but should be a good night and a win would be a massive confidence boost and would be great to go on a run in the cup but I'll not get ahead of myself. 

Regarding the league the next 5 games as I started the thread with our crucial I honestly believe we can get 15 points out of the next 5 games , That would be a massive catalyst for the rest of the season . 

On 1 February 2017 at 15:48, Bris Vegas said:

Newcastle - lose

Leicester City - lose

Bristol City - win

Cardiff City - draw

Burton Albion - win

Aston Villa - lose

I go with Bris on this on the league games

You have to go on form and previous experience

We have no record in performing  in the 'Big' away games - so it is unrealistic to expect anything from Villa, as it was from Newcastle - not negativity, just going on what we have recently witnessed at Norwich, Leeds and Newcastle. And then Huddersfield before that. Why I don't know but currently we seem worrying unable to succeed in games like this.

Similarly, it is unrealistic to expect us to win all three home games in the league . Hope for, yes, but expect ? No. Think Wigan.

The cup is anyones guess and the Foxes are getting thrashed at home currently. We have nothing to lose, they are in real trouble, with the CL round the corner. Great chance for an upset and win for us. If we decide to go for it.

Realistically expecting 7 out of 15 plus into the 5th Round of the cup. More would be great of course.

On 01/02/2017 at 10:10, RamsPolls said:

My Predictions - 

Newcastle (a) - 2-2 Draw

Leicester (a) FA CUP - 0-2 Away win.

Bristol City (h) - 3-0 Slaughter of a very poor team

Cardiff City (h) - 2-0 Standard mid week win

Burton Albion (h) - 3-0 Another slaughter on Clough's return

Aston Villa (a) - 2-1 Away win

UP THE RAMS

Well my prediction is already over :blink:

Forget Tonight's game if we get through its a bonus.

For me its all about the next three home games realistically to keep us in touch with 6th place it as to be 9 points at the very worst 7 points,any less than that say goodbye to the playoffs,its one one team from 4 for the last play off place and we need to be winning these next three home games 

On 01/02/2017 at 10:10, RamsPolls said:

My Predictions - 

Newcastle (a) - 2-2 Draw

Leicester (a) FA CUP - 0-2 Away win.

Bristol City (h) - 3-0 Slaughter of a very poor team

Cardiff City (h) - 2-0 Standard mid week win

Burton Albion (h) - 3-0 Another slaughter on Clough's return

Aston Villa (a) - 2-1 Away win

Don't ask why I missed the Blackburn game off, Must have been moved or something?

My predictions have gone badly :D 

Archived