Half time dressing room camera vs Leicester

ramsbottom

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, metalsheep02 said:

At first glance I mis-read this and though it was going to be a story about Abdoul chinning Steve at half-time. 

We weren't the only team - Sutton had the cameras in at h/t and pre-game.

Ok, didn't get to see their game so thought it was odd if we were the only ones...

Pretty sure at the start Lineker said it was nice of Steve to give them permission to stick cameras up so the BBC might ask all clubs, can't say I've seen any other FA Cup games on the BBC to know if others have.

Cameras in the dressing room isn't a totally new thing over here, seen it many a time for non league games, they even talk to the manager on the touch line during the game which must be frustrating whilst trying to watch the game

12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Sorry if this has already been pointed out in other threads, but I was wondering if we were the only club to allow a camera into the dressing room during the live games over the weekend, and if so, why?  What makes a Schteve team talk a must see event?

Thought I heard one of the studio muppets saying it was pictures but no sound. If we'd gone in at half time 4-0 down would they gave still gone ahead with it I wonder?

31 minutes ago, David said:

Cameras in the dressing room isn't a totally new thing over here, seen it many a time for non league games, they even talk to the manager on the touch line during the game which must be frustrating whilst trying to watch the game

Seen this happen on BT Sport. Cringes me out a little. Could be distracting the manager from key moments of play.

Not for me. There is a war on and some things, although interesting to the citizens, do not need to be made public until the battle is won. All for clips and details... afterwards....  but it's a sporting contest that happens to entertain. Not entertainment that needs spicing up. 

51 minutes ago, jono said:

Not for me. There is a war on and some things, although interesting to the citizens, do not need to be made public until the battle is won. All for clips and details... afterwards....  but it's a sporting contest that happens to entertain. Not entertainment that needs spicing up. 

Or is it entertainment that happens to be a sporting contest? hmm...

We're like modern day philosophers!

11 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Or is it entertainment that happens to be a sporting contest? hmm...

We're like modern day philosophers!

Difficult to argue with the holy redeemer. ;)

but unlike the chicken and the egg, the game certainly came first, and the crowds followed. 

Remember when my local team Worcester played Ssausagehorpe in the second round a couple of years ago and they had a camera in our dressing room then. They also interviewed our manager minutes before it went to ET. That was BT Sport though.

5 hours ago, jono said:

Not even that interesting. No sound (thankfully) just a bunch player sitting round, changing their shirts and listening to the manager. 

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

Didn't like it one iota. Got right on my FTs.

Made it seem like 'little old Derbys' big day in the FA Cup playing Leicester'. I thought it was patronising. Why wasn't there a camera in Leicesters dressing room? 

Because they were roasting thai hookers?

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

Didn't like it one iota. Got right on my FTs.

Made it seem like 'little old Derbys' big day in the FA Cup playing Leicester'. I thought it was patronising. Why wasn't there a camera in Leicesters dressing room? 

Obviously someone involved in the production saw it as little old derby.

Thankfully LInkear savage and shearer treated us with the respect we deserve and had us on a par with leicester with a couple of them even fancying us to turn them over before the game.

I also noticed how many internationals past or present we had in the side making it good reading when the team was presented on the tv.

Carson baird, ollson, pearce, keogh, Bent Russell Bryson 8 internationals, and a couple more england u21s in hughes and ince. Hardly a little old Derby!

Archived