How to cover football - BBC style

KBB

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I enjoyed the coverage,  although I was initially alarmed by sav''s hair.

Yes, some contrived bits like cutting from shot of Steve getting soaked to some random woman in crowd sat under a brolly. 

They tried some new things like the dressing room cam.  They added some human aspects like the crowd shot as we scored and some great facial expression close ups following bents og. And the drummer got his moment in the sun. 

All in all take a bow,  bbc. 

That wasn't a random woman, it was Lisa. She sits right next to the dug out and it's pretty wet down there. She is also famous for wearing the Forest shirt at last season's match for charity.  

I loved the replay of the West Stand anticipating Bryson's goal. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, angieram said:

That wasn't a random woman, it was Lisa. She sits right next to the dug out and it's pretty wet down there. She is also famous for wearing the Forest shirt at last season's match for charity.  

The uneducated duo that were the Hants' assumed that the lady was someone connected to mac.

Which led to all sorts of wild and completely ill-founded speculation of the sort that shouldn't be printed on a family forum.....

(Sorry Lisa :wub:)

2 hours ago, curb said:

I watched the game back on I-player this afternoon and must say I quite enjoyed it.

I particularly liked the way they kept showing the East Midlands is Black and White banner.

But no, the cuts to the crowd were quite enjoyable, I'm not sure what they'd do if they covered a Forest game though, they'd just have to show rows of empty PINK seats I guess.

FTFY

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Famous?? 

10 hours ago, ketteringram said:

I wonder that too, given what some say about him. 

But, I'm sure there must be something wrong with me, as there isn't a single pundit or commentator, that I have any issues with. 

With a slight possible exception for John Hartson! 

You have clearly never encountered Jonathan Pearce or Andy Gray.

10 hours ago, angieram said:

I went to the pub after the match and up town shopping this morning. Everyone talking about the coverage along the lines of "I'm not really a big football fan but really enjoyed the game".

The BBC must be doing something right. 

I also enjoyed it when I watched it back earlier but I can understand the frustration of fans for whom that was the only way to see the game and want to watch every minute. I'd already done that.

I obviously couldn't get to the game and had to watch via FilmOn as I can't get the BBC over here. The mist annoying thing was that there was obviously football going on but the cameras weren't focusing on it for quite long periods at a time. I did think though that the punditry was quite good. The worst thing for me was the 2 or 3 adverts from FilmOn, the last one during the hand ball incident.

10 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well I'm just watching highlights of Palace and Citeh and they are using a lady commentator. I find her irritating, it just doesn't sound right, maybe it could become the norm in time, maybe I'm just an old fart but a lady commentator is not for me.

The lady was Robyn Cowen. She sounded a tiny bit nervous and over compensated by talking too loudly and a bit too much.

Nothing that can't be ironed out with experience - it's exactly the same with new blokes and I think comes from the fact that most are making the step up from local radio where you do have to talk more to paint the scene.

Don't see any reason why we can't have lady commentators,  hosts, pundits or whatever. There will be good ones and bad - same as with the boys. 

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The lady was Robyn Cowen. She sounded a tiny bit nervous and over compensated by talking too loudly and a bit too much.

Nothing that can't be ironed out with experience - it's exactly the same with new blokes and I think comes from the fact that most are making the step up from local radio where you do have to talk more to paint the scene.

Don't see any reason why we can't have lady commentators,  hosts, pundits or whatever. There will be good ones and bad - same as with the boys. 

We'll have to agree to to disagree on this one, and although you made your points well, I think a female commentator (for me) lacks gravitas/authority. It smacked of typical BBC box ticking, a token gesture if you like to keep the corporations sandals wearers happy. 

10 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

We'll have to agree to to disagree on this one, and although you made your points well, I think a female commentator (for me) lacks gravitas/authority. It smacked of typical BBC box ticking, a token gesture if you like to keep the corporations sandals wearers happy. 

They said the same thing about female news reporters.

6 minutes ago, Duracell said:

They said the same thing about female news reporters.

Possibly but this is an altogether more serious subject than news it's the thin end of the wedge and we're all going to hell in a handcart. 

You and I will never agree on the BBC, I know you're a huge fan, hence my flippant reply. Rather than get into a debate on a subject we are poles apart on, I take your point but maintain a lady commentator is going to take some getting used to for me. 

Love you. :)

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Possibly but this is an altogether more serious subject than news it's the thin end of the wedge and we're all going to hell in a handcart. 

You and I will never agree on the BBC, I know you're a huge fan, hence my flippant reply. Rather than get into a debate on a subject we are poles apart on, I take your point but maintain a lady commentator is going to take some getting used to for me. 

Love you. :)

I agree it's almost distracting to hear a female voice commentating, but I guess male voices are just what we're used to, and in time will seem normal.

I'd also add that by far the best MOTD presenter is Gabby Logan, imo.

22 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well I'm just watching highlights of Palace and Citeh and they are using a lady commentator. I find her irritating, it just doesn't sound right, maybe it could become the norm in time, maybe I'm just an old fart but a lady commentator is not for me.

Totally agree.

i don't know which match it was but i was distracted by the female voice which seemed to be trying to achieve a deep male baritone before squealing like a pig whenever the ball went near the goal.

Dreadful.

we went thro this with jacqui oakley. I thought the beeb had learned the lesson.

for the record i can't stand the male screamers either.

There's no need to artificially hype the action by extreme ejaculation and paroxyms.

The BBC and wider meeja placates females. It wont matter a jot if the commentator, being female is not up to the job. She will be backed by over half of the establishment, being females, and all the remaining leftist male simps. 

The commentators don't work but i prefer gabby logan to gary lineker tbh.

i think she's quite good.

Very professional.

A very good role model 

great legs anorl.

On 1/28/2017 at 19:14, KBB said:

Show 5 seconds of football

show replay of 5 seconds of footall

show second replay from different angle of 5 seconds of football

show third replay from different angle of 5 seconds of football

cut to smac on bench

cut to ranieri on bench

cut to show section of crowd in long lingering pan shot

cut to show a different section of crowd in long lingering shot

cut to show aerial view of sradium

cut to hear views of Paul Ince

cut to hilarious shot of woman with umbrella, then cut straight away to smac to remind us he used to be the "wally with the brolly"

talk about the 5 minute of football missed when doing all the rubbish listed above

Show 5 seconds of football

show replay of 5 seconds of footall

show second replay from different angle of 5 seconds of football

show third replay from different angle of 5 seconds of football

cut to smac on bench

cut to ranieri on bench

cut to show section of crowd in long lingering pan shot

cut to show a different section of crowd in long lingering shot

cut to show aerial view of sradium

cut to hear views of Paul ince

This was the exact same feed on Bet365 minus any commentary. Loads of crowd singing, and some canned cheering when the goals went in. Problem is, I can never understand what's being sung.

1 hour ago, unclej said:

The BBC and wider meeja placates females. It wont matter a jot if the commentator, being female is not up to the job. She will be backed by over half of the establishment, being females, and all the remaining leftist male simps. 

What a horribly misogynistic thing to think, let alone say.

Don't infect a really good forum with your pre suffragette bigotry.

yeah. 'Let the little lady stay at home and do the dishes and leave football commentary to men...!?!'

back up your statement with some hard evidence. Prove she didn't get there by merit. If you can't, shut the **** up!

fondest regards 

Leftist male.

Archived