show second replay from different angle of 5 seconds of football

show third replay from different angle of 5 seconds of football

cut to smac on bench

cut to ranieri on bench

cut to show section of crowd in long lingering pan shot

cut to show a different section of crowd in long lingering shot

cut to show aerial view of sradium

cut to hear views of Paul Ince

cut to hilarious shot of woman with umbrella, then cut straight away to smac to remind us he used to be the "wally with the brolly"

talk about the 5 minute of football missed when doing all the rubbish listed above

Show 5 seconds of football

show replay of 5 seconds of footall

cut to smac on bench

cut to ranieri on bench

cut to hear views of Paul ince

Great thread, watching it really got on my tits.

All I needed was a ticker tape coming up with "serves you right you inbred midlander, should have gone to the match" 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Haven't seen the TV coverage yet as we didn't get home until midnight and I am at work this morning, but it will be nice to watch us on TV without the awful Peter Beagrie who obviously hates us.

Yes just Big Ears and Noddy (Lineker and Shearer) who hate us.

1 hour ago, KBB said:

cut to smac on bench

cut to ranieri on bench

cut to hear views of Paul Ince

cut to hilarious shot of woman with umbrella, then cut straight away to smac to remind us he used to be the "wally with the brolly"

talk about the 5 minute of football missed when doing all the rubbish listed above

cut to smac on bench

cut to ranieri on bench

cut to hear views of Paul ince

Exactly. This is the post-modern, Trump-style, Brexit world. It's no longer about the football..forget that. It's about "has-been" pundits in chic, tight-fitting shirts stood, pitch-side, over-analysing waffle. It IS about the camera-angles and the fans, the shots from outer-space...I can feel a David Squires cartoon coming on...https://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2017/jan/24/david-squires-on-football-in-the-age-of-president-trump

21 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How does eddie know who has a fat arse?

there's more to this than meets the eye.

You show someone your arse one time and thy never let you live it down.

p.s he has her seen my arse

p.p.s it isn't even fat

p.p.p.s due to a family illness I couldn't go last night (not having a dig at eddie as I took it as a joke and found it funny)

p.p.p.p.s the coverage normally doesn't bother m, but I really noticed it last night.

My main beef was the over direction of the cameraman to the point it was distracting from the match. It was so hamfistedly done - scene/atmosphere setting for the sake of it. "Look at Ranieri's furrowed brow of worry, and look! McClaren's not using an umbrella and it's pissing it down".

I can take crap punditry because that's de rigeur and a time filler, but just show the match in the standard camera angle. And for the love of God stop showing replays in reverse-view super-slowmo whilst the game is going on just because the producer did his Media dissertation on Scorsese and likes to pretend he could have made Goodfellas.

It's better than Sky/BT's hypemachine, infographics and pie charts but just show the game please BBC.

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How does eddie know who has a fat arse?

there's more to this than meets the eye.

There's more to this than meets the browneye too.

20 minutes ago, KBB said:

You show someone your arse one time and thy never let you live it down.

p.s he has her seen my arse

p.p.s it isn't even fat

p.p.p.s due to a family illness I couldn't go last night (not having a dig at eddie as I took it as a joke and found it funny)

p.p.p.p.s the coverage normally doesn't bother m, but I really noticed it last night.

It wasn't intended to be malicious (for once), and I'm pleased that you took it in jest. I thought that it was almost poetic in content - if it was set to music, then we could call it "The half-fan's lament".

Just now, eddie said:

It wasn't intended to be malicious (for once), and I'm pleased that you took it in jest. I thought that it was almost poetic in content - if it was set to music, then we could call it "The half-fan's lament".

Course I took it as a joke mate, your a top poster and although we have never met, you are a top bloke on here who I respect and whose posts I enjoy reading.

1 minute ago, KBB said:

Course I took it as a joke mate, your a top poster and although we have never met, you are a top bloke on here who I respect and whose posts I enjoy reading.

There goes my steet-cred.

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

This has been written like Sky, BT or the host broadcasters of any international tournament don't cut to shots of the crowd at regular intervals.

These shots are never used in interesting passages of play and some people might find crowd shots more interesting than watching Chris Baird waiting for a ball to be thrown to him from Row N of the East Stand.

I thought the punditry offered genuine insight, spotting things I couldn't as someone who has attended live games their entire life.

The first 10 minutes of build-up were entirely about us and summarised our strengths under McClaren really well for the viewer who doesn't watch much Championship football. They were also very accurate, saying how Hughes' career appearances are even more impressive in the context of his injury last season.

I much prefer the BBC and Gary Linekar's relaxed style vs Sky and their smart suits and their THIS GAME IS LITERALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT AND SERIOUS THING EVER coverage.

I know it's fun to trash things and it can't be to everyone's tastes but personally, as someone unable to go last night, I was glad it was on BBC. 

I agree with all of that.

For a public broadcaster it wasn't worse than Sky. A little less polished and a bit more homely made for better viewing in my opinion. Didn't they not show some douchebag pitch invading in and Arsenal shirt? Denying him his little narcissistic moment of disruptive glory. That's equally good editorial isn't it?

Of all the things going on in the world at the moment, directing your ire towards BBC match coverage seems a little misplaced to me.

However; Paul Ince's inability to focus his eyes on one spot whilst doing his pitch side interview was quite funny..... he looked like a cat following a torch beam on a wall...

Think you have to realise it was on the main channel BBC 1 at evening peak time, so they are going to try to make it interesting for more than just Derby or Leicester supporters. Agreed it was a bit annoying at times because it was overdone but the great atmosphere at the match and between the presenters added to the occasion, plus the tunnel and dressingroom shots (which were fascinating). Overall, just as good if not better than the sometimes sterile Sky approach.....especially for Championship matches.

I went to the pub after the match and up town shopping this morning. Everyone talking about the coverage along the lines of "I'm not really a big football fan but really enjoyed the game".

The BBC must be doing something right. 

I also enjoyed it when I watched it back earlier but I can understand the frustration of fans for whom that was the only way to see the game and want to watch every minute. I'd already done that.

I watched the game back on I-player this afternoon and must say I quite enjoyed it.

I particularly liked the way they kept showing the East Midlands is Black and White banner.

But no, the cuts to the crowd were quite enjoyable, I'm not sure what they'd do if they covered a Forest game though, they'd just have to show rows of empty seats I guess.

11 minutes ago, curb said:

I watched the game back on I-player this afternoon and must say I quite enjoyed it.

I particularly liked the way they kept showing the East Midlands is Black and White banner.

But no, the cuts to the crowd were quite enjoyable, I'm not sure what they'd do if they covered a Forest game though, they'd just have to show rows of empty seats I guess.

It's not something they'll ever really need to worry about. Forest would have to get past the first round. 

5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It's not something they'll ever really need to worry about. Forest would have to get past the first round. 

That's harsh, they've not even gone down yet, and you're writing off next season's cup campaign!

I thought the coverage was pretty good. Good camera work with the overhead stuff. No annoying advert breaks. Really if only BBC could afford to do football , even. Just the Championship it would be nice , but they are clearly broke.

the pundits were ok apart from lineker who is annoying at the best of times and obviously a big Leiceter fan. 

Savage at least is relevant as a pundit as ex Fester and Derby. And shearer showed more balance than the typical Sky pundit , holloway or whoever. 

I enjoyed the coverage,  although I was initially alarmed by sav''s hair.

Yes, some contrived bits like cutting from shot of Steve getting soaked to some random woman in crowd sat under a brolly. 

They tried some new things like the dressing room cam.  They added some human aspects like the crowd shot as we scored and some great facial expression close ups following bents og. And the drummer got his moment in the sun. 

All in all take a bow,  bbc. 

Archived