Ollie Watkins - Signed for Brentford

Arsene Titman

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Lol comparing Russell to hazard, completely different type of player. I wonder how many last ditch tackles or goal line clearances hazard made last season? I'm guessing no where near as many as Russell. Russell is a good solid championship winger who does a job for the team and helps out a lot defensively, providing the platform for others to score/ create goals. Give the guy a break 

All well and good if we have enough good quality players to supplement his defensive qualities. However, its worrying when we talk about our wingers (of which if we use the same formation as Saturday, then its one of three offensive players only in the team) and we are talking about his defensive skills!

1 hour ago, dajstrawb said:

For what is worth - Schteve just said on SSN we tried to sign him in January

Did you see the start of the programme when McClaren said Rowett had to sort out the dressing room daj ? He reiterated it a moment later so makes me wonder who's telling the porkies between McClaren who says there is a problem in the dressing room and Rowett's who says there isn't. 

16 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Did you see the start of the programme when McClaren said Rowett had to sort out the dressing room daj ? He reiterated it a moment later so makes me wonder who's telling the porkies between McClaren who says there is a problem in the dressing room and Rowett's who says there isn't. 

Maybe we did with certain sales this transfer window.

16 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Maybe we did with certain sales this transfer window.

Maybe but wouldn't he have alluded to that by saying something like Well he's started sorting out the problems in the dressing room.

I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on, I was just hoping someone could confirm I heard McClaren correctly particularly when a thread had been started this morning stating everything in the dressing room is tickety boo. 

No, he was specifically asked what Rowett's got to do this season to which McClaren replied the first thing he has to do is sort out the dressing room.

I'm not going to comment again on this because I hate it when threads get derailed and I'm doing it now, I will try to find the clip somewhere just for my own peace of mind though. :)

58 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Could be that Rowett has sorted it out already with the sales. Can see Camara being a major problem and upsetting everyone :ph34r::lol:

21 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Maybe but wouldn't he have alluded to that by saying something like Well he's started sorting out the problems in the dressing room.

I don't want to derail this thread so I won't go on, I was just hoping someone could confirm I heard McClaren correctly particularly when a thread had been started this morning stating everything in the dressing room is tickety boo. 

You are correct as I saw sky sports news this morning too. He stated it a couple of times and how it's vital to get a good dressing room as teams won't go up without a good one but he also said the players we have brought him are good lads and will help the team.

Archived