Anya & Blackman out, Bogle in

Day

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Well maybe he's trying to bluff everyone? I miss the days when we used to only hear about a signing the day he was shaking the managers hand on the pitch.

id love a wow signing. Can't remember the last one?

So would I, it's got to be Shackell, hasn't it? 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never forget Kinky destroying a few players in midfield who all tried to chop him down. When the ref pulled it back for the foul he offered the ball to them. That was proper entertainment. Class on his day, kind of player where you get off your seat when he got the ball he was that special.

12 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well maybe he's trying to bluff everyone? I miss the days when we used to only hear about a signing the day he was shaking the managers hand on the pitch.

id love a wow signing. Can't remember the last one?

Mine was Vydra, wow can't believe we have paid so much........... 

15 hours ago, Boycie said:

I've not played poker before, but I think the big thing is being able to bluff and make out you have been dealt a better hand than the sad one you're currently holding.

Ask AlexW. I think he plays a bit.

Play good cards and fold bad ones unless you're in the top circuit and you're playing with players who know the odds down to each specific margin. If you're not in that situation you never bluff. 

3 minutes ago, Alex W said:

Play good cards and fold bad ones unless you're in the top circuit and you're playing with players who know the odds down to each specific margin. If you're not in that situation you never bluff. 

So you never bluff?

good advice there.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

You can't just NEVER bluff.

Let's say we've played 10c Jc as we're on the button.

Flop is 2c 8c 9h

We've played poor cards, have no hand but we HAVE to bluff in this scenario, however the betting goes!

Ignore @Alex W :D

OK, OK, you have to bluff in some situations but don't go into a hand bluffing as a game plan! That was my badly worded argument ?

Besides, situationally that isn't what I'd class as a 'bad hand' necessarily based on  the flop, just a low percentage one! If it's a cheap pot then I'd go with it. 

4 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

You can't just NEVER bluff.

2 hours ago, Alex W said:

OK, OK, you have to bluff in some situations but don't go into a hand bluffing as a game plan! That was my badly worded argument ?

Ah you guys seem to just be playing the numbers... Don't play the numbers play the table... Work out what everyone else seems to be doing and how they react in the first few hands and then play the people... 

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Ah you guys seem to just be playing the numbers... Don't play the numbers play the table... Work out what everyone else seems to be doing and how they react in the first few hands and then play the people... 

Only if you're experienced or if there's an obvious tell/rookie player, I've seen no end of players attempt to play fish and lose as they can play too erratically and get lucky.

I definitely think you should react to everyone else's betting reactions and betting actions but the numbers for me make the game. At the very least when you're at a table full of people you don't know anyway. 

Archived