Anya & Blackman out, Bogle in

Day

I don't feel that Blackman has ever been given a proper chance. He was often played out of position and hasn't been seen as a central striker. He was the go to man at Reading. Fair enough if Bogle is the new Scot Hogan ,Charlie Austin or Andre Gray then sign him but i can't help thinking that a lot of money has been squandered on strikers.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I kind of feel sorry for Blackman. He was Clement's choice, came because he thought he was getting Martin's job as center forward..... Clement sacked a couoje weeks later...played in bits on the wing.

I think if he'd not get injured around when Mac came back he'd have got a chance, Mac seems to rate him from what he sees in training.

Wouldn't blame him for wanting to move, or us for moving him.

38 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

I don't feel that Blackman has ever been given a proper chance. He was often played out of position and hasn't been seen as a central striker. He was the go to man at Reading. Fair enough if Bogle is the new Scot Hogan ,Charlie Austin or Andre Gray then sign him but i can't help thinking that a lot of money has been squandered on strikers.

Hasn't had a chance under Mac... Never played due to injury. So I'd be surprised if he is loaned out straightaway when he gets back. 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Hasn't had a chance under Mac... Never played due to injury. So I'd be surprised if he is loaned out straightaway when he gets back. 

Why not though, he could get match fit somewhere, prove his worth by scoring goals and not cost us points!

On 22 January 2017 at 17:34, Strange yearnings said:

Who on earth has ever called the Rams "County"?  I've never heard any Derby fan say "County" and I've been supporting us since my first match just before we got relegated to the old Third Division North.  :p

There was a girl at our school whose nickname was 'cuuntly cuuntly'.

i never dare ask.

14 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I kind of feel sorry for Blackman. He was Clement's choice, came because he thought he was getting Martin's job as center forward..... Clement sacked a couoje weeks later...played in bits on the wing.

I think if he'd not get injured around when Mac came back he'd have got a chance, Mac seems to rate him from what he sees in training.

Wouldn't blame him for wanting to move, or us for moving him.

I have some sympathy for him but then you look at his wider record there was never anything to suggest he would have been good enough to be our first choice center forward. I know stats don't tell the whole story but he is a 1 in 4 striker at best from what I can tell and doesn't have the same hold up and link up ability of someone like Martin.

Odd decision from Clement in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It's a smoke screen to fend off the Villans

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Total smoke screen, now that Villa have done their business we will strike on our targets! 

I genuinely thought that was our tactic ?

Why though? Why not just say "we're working on it" or something along those lines? He's flat out saying there's no more coming in.

3 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Hopefully we do bring in Bogle. I would like him for if Martin didn't come back. Does anyone know if he can hold the ball up well and play with his back to goal? Only seen his goals. 

So you want him here without knowing how he plays? Quite typical opinion here, I guess. Something unknown to be excited about.

There's no reason to be so desperate IMO.

15 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

So you want him here without knowing how he plays? Quite typical opinion here, I guess. Something unknown to be excited about.

Desperation and Derby fans go hand in hand.

21 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Why though? Why not just say "we're working on it" or something along those lines? He's flat out saying there's no more coming in.

I've not played poker before, but I think the big thing is being able to bluff and make out you have been dealt a better hand than the sad one you're currently holding.

Ask AlexW. I think he plays a bit.

38 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I've not played poker before, but I think the big thing is being able to bluff and make out you have been dealt a better hand than the sad one you're currently holding.

Ask AlexW. I think he plays a bit.

I see what you're saying, but who exactly is he trying to bluff? Other clubs? The media? Us? 

58 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I see your point. Just want a goal scorer tbh. Someone who will fire us up the table. And if he can hold up the ball he will suit. I said bring him in because he has all the physical assets to hold the ball up. But if not yet, Mac could add that to his game, in a similar way he has with Bent. 

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

I see what you're saying, but who exactly is he trying to bluff? Other clubs? The media? Us? 

Well maybe he's trying to bluff everyone? I miss the days when we used to only hear about a signing the day he was shaking the managers hand on the pitch.

id love a wow signing. Can't remember the last one?

Archived