Anya & Blackman out, Bogle in

Day

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we even entertaining this as even slightly reliable?

Unless he goes back to Watford Anya can't play for anyone else this season... So that rumour would be VERY odd...

McClaren has already stated a couple of times he's interested in getting Blackman back to fitness and giving him a go... So seems unlikely he'd be binned off after a week back in training...Big, quick and skillful is something McClaren seems to like in a player so I think Blackman could potentially thrive...

And Bogle? Really? McClaren has said he's not really in the market unless there are players who could definitely improve us... 

I just cant see Blackman restoring his reputation with us. I know a lot of any players effectiveness depends on systems and how a team plays as a unit, but regardless of that I just didn't see that he had the touch, vision, the strength or the speed of feet to be special.

He had a lot of games with Pearson, admittedly out of position, but his game seems to rely on 3 factors

1) being reasonably quick and prepared to gamble

2) flick and hope

3) a good shot from distance

When he was on the left I saw ample opportunities to beat his man and he didn't. He got bundled off the ball too often and wasn't particularly sharp when close interchanges were called for. I don't think he is a bad player and if he's on the pitch I'll support him to the last but as has been used before "bang average" in my book. If he gets a go under Mac I would be delighted to be proved wrong but somehow doubt it.

Anya on the other hand might not be right for our system, we might not get the best of him, but he is a gem of a player with real skill.

51 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Why are we even entertaining this as even slightly reliable?

Unless he goes back to Watford Anya can't play for anyone else this season... So that rumour would be VERY odd...

McClaren has already stated a couple of times he's interested in getting Blackman back to fitness and giving him a go... So seems unlikely he'd be binned off after a week back in training...Big, quick and skillful is something McClaren seems to like in a player so I think Blackman could potentially thrive...

And Bogle? Really? McClaren has said he's not really in the market unless there are players who could definitely improve us... 

I think you can play for up to 3 teams in a season.

See below link and scroll down a little.

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season/

13 minutes ago, Mckram said:

You can register for 3 teams in a season. Can only play for 2.

The exception is that if said player has fulfilled their contract in a league system that runs to a different pattern, i.e. MLS where its March to December

22 minutes ago, Mckram said:

7 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

You can register for 3 teams in a season. Can only play for 2.

The exception is that if said player has fulfilled their contract in a league system that runs to a different pattern, i.e. MLS where its March to December

Hmmm that link suggests otherwise... Has the rule changed or is that site just wrong?

11 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hmmm that link suggests otherwise... Has the rule changed or is that site just wrong?

Direct quote from the FIFA rulebook:

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Direct quote from the FIFA rulebook:

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/regulations_on_the_status_and_transfer_of_players_en_33410.pdf

Yeh followed your link afterwards... Methinks that might be the more reliable source...

23 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Far be it from me to question the Sun, but FIFA rules state - 

Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season.
During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for
two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs
belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in
summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official
matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully
complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally,
the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the
minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/70/95/52/regulationsonthestatusandtransferofplayersnov2016weben_neutral.pdf

When does the Chinese Super League start? Anya leaves In £30 million pound deal!!!!

11 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yeah Newcastle with their sensible transfers. They spent about £80m last year, mostly on dross, and got relegated. They've been very lucky to get about the same back in selling players and have hoovered up loads of the best talent and have easily the best squad in the league and probably in Chamionship history. I was reading earlier how masterful of Benitez it was in signing Murphy. Like signing one one of the highest scorers in the division takes a genius.

And you state they don't have multi-million pound players twiddling their thumbs, what about Mitrovic, Tiote? I'm sure there's others.

Which idiot of a manager bought all of those players?:ph34r:

On 1/22/2017 at 10:15, Paul71 said:

200_s.gif

"But you musn't touch!

His name sounds good in your ear,

But when you say it you musn't fear,

Cos his name can be said...

By Anyone!"

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:01, Penelope Pendrex said:

Yeah Newcastle with their sensible transfers. They spent about £80m last year, mostly on dross, and got relegated. They've been very lucky to get about the same back in selling players...

If they're such dross how come they got so lucky? Well we've got some dross so lets hope we're as lucky, but I think it might be down to the quality of dross!

Archived