Ross McCormack - Joined Fawaz's Circus

Curtains

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mafiabob said:

IMG_0395.PNG

I don't think that's too bad. 

He'll make an impact there, I'm sure. It's good really as they've got: Wednesday, Brighton, Huddersfield & Reading left to play at home. If he can improve them to pick valuable points off our rivals then we'll be laughing. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I don't think that's too bad. 

He'll make an impact there, I'm sure. It's good really as they've got: Wednesday, Brighton, Huddersfield & Reading left to play at home. If he can improve them to pick valuable points off our rivals then we'll be laughing. 

To be honest I've never understood the craze for him, flatters to deceive for me..... nasty and petulant too which is why he's never been given a chance at a prem club. Merecenary signing all over.....

Think Clough is the much better business from them TBH. 

Just now, Mafiabob said:

To be honest I've never understood the craze for him, flatters to deceive for me..... nasty and petulant too which is why he's never been given a chance at a prem club. Merecenary signing all over.....

Think Clough is the much better business from them TBH. 

Flatters to deceive is a term I would use for the likes of Russell, Camara. 

McCormack has consistently proved to be one of the most productive players in the division in recent seasons (not this one). 

He contributed to 30 goals in 45 games last season, 26 in 43 the season before & 36 in 46 the season before that. I would class that as fairly consistent. Definitely not deserving of the term 'flatters to deceive'. 

Yes, his attitude has come into question this season. In recent years, though, when we've played Fulham, he has always put in a shift. I simply don't get how anyone can write him off. We don't have a player in our squad that has performed as consistently in an attacking role over the past four years than him. It's a fact we can't deny, that. 

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

My hotel's booked Uttox. I want us to win every match, you can't not, but a part of me, would rather watch a championship game than a premiership one.  Perhaps it's just bad memories. 

I reckon Middlesbro's manager is thinking exactly that at the moment judging by recent interviews. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Flatters to deceive is a term I would use for the likes of Russell, Camara. 

McCormack has consistently proved to be one of the most productive players in the division in recent seasons (not this one). 

He contributed to 30 goals in 45 games last season, 26 in 43 the season before & 36 in 46 the season before that. I would class that as fairly consistent. Definitely not deserving of the term 'flatters to deceive'. 

Yes, his attitude has come into question this season. In recent years, though, when we've played Fulham, he has always put in a shift. I simply don't get how anyone can write him off. We don't have a player in our squad that has performed as consistently in an attacking role over the past four years than him. It's a fact we can't deny, that. 

A big fish in many a little pond.... 

Not sure if you can point me to any time he's been around the top 6 of the championship at any club? If I'm mistaken...... then I apologise. 

With those stats you have to factor in he was probably the only player who really shone at average/below average teams. You can't deny that. 

Even more surprising that martins move to fulham. Very bizarre. Why didn't anyone else go for McCormack on loan? Maybe they know something fatwas doesn't. 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Clough and McCormack. Fridgey has done very well there!

We still are obviously better but I am jealous of those signings :ermm:

anyone know the figure for clough? I was hoping to wake up to the McCormack deal has fallen through but clearly not.

£2.5 million allegedly for Clough. Would have been better spending it on Nigel Clough. 

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

They're talking about Clough, they've bought him permanently 

Yes.

Made an unqualified remark about a player without mentioning his name and posted it in a thread about a completely different player.

Easy mistake to make.

Archived