Ross McCormack - Joined Fawaz's Circus

Curtains

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Now Forest are in for him I want us to sign him purely to wind them up.

You cannot be serious....

(hits flowers with tennis racquet)

38 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Just out of embargo and Fatwazok claiming to be paying £2.5-2.8m of his own money to cover wages.

Now they are trying to sign £12m McCormack. 

The lunatic is having a field day again, back into umbongo you go me old fruit. 

7 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Why would any club want to sign a player with a questionable attitude towards his profession and his employers? Baffles me.

On a free yes and see how it goes but paying millions for a player without total love and commitment to both is crackers.

It's ok, it's the Arab way.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The gumps are pooing themselves over a supposed rumour that Derby have bid for Osborn. Now THAT would be a wind-up with lulz to rival Forest being wound up.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

The gumps are pooing themselves over a supposed rumour that Derby have bid for Osborn. Now THAT would be a wind-up with lulz to rival Forest being wound up.

Where have you seen that one, Eddie? On a Forest forum? 

27 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Why would any club want to sign a player with a questionable attitude towards his profession and his employers? Baffles me.

Some were saying the same thng about Chris Martin.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Some were saying the same thng about Chris Martin.

You're right Eddie. I would not have signed Martin again as Derby have done but that's not because of his ability. I happen to think he is an excellent player and he is showing it this season albeit with Fulham.

It's a point of principle. I would very much like to know where I stand if I was a football manager and having any player on the books who in the past has raised concerns about their attitude then I'd rather steer clear, even if they scored 30 goals a season.

Just my skewed way of looking at it and perhaps trying to get some semblance of morality, principles and individual sense of responsibility back into higher end football.

Any history from a player or signs that toys will emerge from a very expensive pushchair if own way cannot be had would not entice me to sign a player. Free or at any price.

23 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Where have you seen that one, Eddie? On a Forest forum? 

Yes, which probably means it's nonsense, but if it winds them up, it's still good.

55 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

On a free yes and see how it goes but paying millions for a player without total love and commitment to both is crackers.

Because we don't know the ins and outs, whys and wherefores of situations.

Because people make mistakes.

Because they're a good player/manager and you'll take the gamble.

Lots of reasons - although this Club is black and white the outside world isn't.

ps the total love and commitment bit is quite funny.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because we don't know the ins and outs, whys and wherefores of situations.

Because people make mistakes.

Because they're a good player/manager and you'll take the gamble.

Lots of reasons - although this Club is black and white the outside world isn't.

ps the total love and commitment bit is quite funny.

That's fair enough RoyMac5. I think the issue is that I do see everything as either black or white and often that's not how people operate.

I don't see wanting to see love and commitment from an employee as funny though. I want to see it from everybody, even if you're working at McDonalds for 7 quid an hour. My attitude is that if you don't want to go to work and give a damn then that's not on. Leave your job and then the job is gone and you don't have to pretend anymore.

Some people would rather just get paid, not put the effort in to earn their wages and drift along expecting other employees to carry the burden. A slacker is a slacker whether he works at B&Q stacking shelves or plays football for Aston Villa at 50k a week.

Neither are acceptable. Black and white is easier because everyone knows where they stand.

12 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

That's fair enough RoyMac5. I think the issue is that I do see everything as either black or white and often that's not how people operate.

...Black and white is easier because everyone knows where they stand.

No its not easier for the people involved. People stacking shelves at minimum wage, you want them to love the job? Pay them a living wage then and maybe they might. But its not likely all will be swayed. So it's not good enough for them to go to work for the money, they have to love the job - get real.

I can think of very few things in this world that are black and white.

32 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No its not easier for the people involved. People stacking shelves at minimum wage, you want them to love the job? Pay them a living wage then and maybe they might. But its not likely all will be swayed. So it's not good enough for them to go to work for the money, they have to love the job - get real.

Piano keys and zebras 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

All I'm saying is that if an individual has a job then he / she should do that to the best of their abilities at all times whether they are on 2 quid an hour or 200 grand an hour.

Those who don't like their jobs should find another one they might enjoy rather than mugging off their current employers by not doing what they are paid for.

Yes I agree minimum wage is ridiculously low but if you decide to take a job on that rate you shouldn't have the cannot be arsed attitude just because the job is understimulating and the wages unacceptable.

Obviously people do this all the time. It's commonplace. Doesn't make it right though.

I think we'll disagree about this until the cows come home RoyMac :lol:

Archived