David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

6 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

I appreciate Nick Blackman hasn't had a good start but I think he may well come good playing down the middle given a chance. On the thread I also think Nugent's experience and know how will be worth a punt..... most teams get players to just to help get them out of the league

......and he's helped two teams get promoted from the Championship in the last 3 seasons.  Not a bad record to have

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Which makes me think this deal (if true) would make so much more sense being a loan deal rather than a permanent transfer. 

I agree a loan would be more cost effective but that's dependent on Boro agreeing to it. Also if a permanent deal can be done at £2m then this is cheaper than being held to ransom by Fulham. I think that's at the root of this deal . Proving to Fulham they can't hold a gun to our heads. I might be wrong but seems logical to me. 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Maybe not just him , depending on what happens with Martin. Not saying I think it's right but it really wouldn't suprise me if Vydra left . 

Vydra is not going anywhere Mac rates him. 

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Maybe not just him , depending on what happens with Martin. Not saying I think it's right but it really wouldn't suprise me if Vydra left . 

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Vydra is not going anywhere Mac rates him. 

Besides the fact that we'd have to take a massive hit on the fee we paid for him. 

Vydra wont go, Mc likes to have 2 striker options off the bench for games like Wigan when we need a goal, even more so with Bent rarely completing 90mins...its normally bent coming off for Vydra or vice versa

A lot of games in Mc previous tenure we ended up playing 424

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I certainly hope your right Del . There's a proper centre forward in there.  He's just taking some adapting. 

Agreed (proper centre forward bit) and could be plan B if things doesn't go our way. He'll be fine 

3 hours ago, LazloW said:

What makes you think that you know more than the manager does about what players will and won't fit into the system that he wants to play? How do you know he doesn't want to change the system? How do you know the player cannot adapt to the system (or, for that matter that he isnt right for how we play now), how do you know he isn't being brought in to facilitate the fabled 'plan B'? and how do you know all these things before he has either signed for the club or kicked a ball!?

I realise we all have opinions about players, managers, systems and all other things about the game, but there is something so relentlessly 'definite', condescending and uncompromising about posts like this! They irriate the bejesus out of me. 

To say that any signings have been pointless and ill thought out is nonsense. All signings are made to address something the manager wants to address. Just because this doesn't fit into your self proclaimed expert view does not make them wrong signings, lther than in hindsight. Also, looking at somebody like Blackman and saying 'i said all along he'd be rubbish' doesn't make anybody look clever, it makes them look smug.  It also isn't clever if you say the same thing about every signing just to stock up on 'i told you so' moments a few months later. Not all signings work out. Thats football. Not all bad signings have been made by idiots, either here or at any other club.  Aaggh.

Bit harsh on Bris, he called Camera out as rubbish after his first touch. He was right about that....whoops forgot about yesterday.

Never liked him to be honest, but that was more to do with him scoring against us at every opportunity. However, there is no getting away from the fact that given the chance he will score goals at this level, and we need more goals to take some of the pressure of us in those close games. Take the baggies yesterday, how many of us nearly had heart attacks in the last 30 mins ? 

1 hour ago, neil62uk said:

i guess all signings come with a risk factor  , and hindsight is a wonderful word  ..but  imho   i wish we could recuperate  the money spent on Blackman  and Vdyra   ..i respect Blackman is injured    but 1 goal in 21 appearances   for us   and Vdyra   2 goals in 17   ..imo   i think Nugent   as proved he knows where the net is   please look at his stats   i personally wouldnt mind seeing him with us 

I did look at the stats and they no longer show a player who knows where the net is.

Archived