David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ninos said:

So this means Bent will get dropped Vydra kept out and martin left at Fulham ? 

Very uninspiring this one given his age and failure to crack boro. Hope I'm wrong.

You usually are.

8 hours ago, needles said:

All over the Boro' press, and in the currant bun tomorrow. I think this one's happening. Odd one, as we've been linked with him must be half a dozen times over the years seemingly without it being realistic at any stage. I thought that ship had sailed. No mug, would add something to the mix....but if the wardrobe did return, we'd look a bit heavily loaded with strikers surely? Bent, Nugent and Martin for one spot? Vydra...

I would probably say three would be pretty healthy, considering two are at the end of their careers. Neither Bent or Nugent will be able to go through the season playing 90 mins week in/week out.

The thing is while we have a lot of strikers, we have few in the no.9 role. Players like Vydra, for me, aren't going to be that lone striker and need to think where they fit into this team

8 hours ago, needles said:

All over the Boro' press, and in the currant bun tomorrow. I think this one's happening. Odd one, as we've been linked with him must be half a dozen times over the years seemingly without it being realistic at any stage. I thought that ship had sailed. No mug, would add something to the mix....but if the wardrobe did return, we'd look a bit heavily loaded with strikers surely? Bent, Nugent and Martin for one spot? Vydra...

Got a smoggie mate who is close to the club he says its happening permanent about £3m

22 minutes ago, rynny said:

Interesting to see what number he is given. Could we give him number 9 and play mind games with Fulham, or indeed stop the process of bringing Martin back until the summer? 

Plagiarist 

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Well you're never wrong because you never take a position except for poo pooing every transfer rumour. Step out of your comfort zone for 5 seconds man.

I don't speculate, because I'm not pretending to know something I don't.

I leave that to the fools.

Did Nugent once say that he would never sign for Derby? Have i completely made that up? I don't why or when he would have said it but have it my head he did but regardless i think he's worth getting in for £2-3m, why not, not my money and i think he could do a decent job.

19 minutes ago, LauraH said:

Did Nugent once say that he would never sign for Derby? Have i completely made that up? I don't why or when he would have said it but have it my head he did but regardless i think he's worth getting in for £2-3m, why not, not my money and i think he could do a decent job.

Thought that myself, obviously must've dreamt it.

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Thought that myself, obviously must've dreamt it.

After both Sunderland and Portsmouth had bids in the region of £6 million accepted for the player, Nugent was eventually unveiled as a Pompey player at a press conference alongside John Utaka on 11 July 2007. However, rumours followed just weeks later that Derby County were considering a bid for Nugent and that he would be leaving Portsmouth in the same transfer window he arrived in.

Poison Dwarf   thought Nugent  would walk from Portsmouth  to Derby   due there time together at Preston  

Cracking bit of business. Much less of a risk/gamble than Rhodes..... and can play up top on his own. 

Decent penno taker too, and for once, won't fooking score against us. 

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Cracking bit of business. Much less of a risk/gamble than Rhodes..... and can play up top on his own. 

Decent penno taker too, and for once, won't fooking score against us. 

Bet the Gumps thought that when they signed Bendtner 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Bet the Gumps thought that when they signed Bendtner 

I would say this is quite different, Forest are a team full of mercenaries who needed players fast. We are bulking up our striker options. Which we have lacked all season. It's in effect 400k on one player.....

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I would say this is quite different, Forest are a team full of mercenaries who needed players fast. We are bulking up our striker options. Which we have lacked all season. It's in effect 400k on one player.....

Very different because Bendtner is just a show pony who is clinging on to his career, Nugent seems like a decent pro and adds a touch of streetwise experience to our squad.

Archived