David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're getting yourself a great pro in Nugent. Not the best goalscorer, otherwise he wouldn't be at Boro or Derby, but he will run himself into the ground for the cause and has a good habit of scoring important goals. I'll be wishing him the best of luck, he's everything a modern footballer should be with regards to attitude and effort.

47 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

You're getting yourself a great pro in Nugent. Not the best goalscorer, otherwise he wouldn't be at Boro or Derby, but he will run himself into the ground for the cause and has a good habit of scoring important goals. I'll be wishing him the best of luck, he's everything a modern footballer should be with regards to attitude and effort.

This is why I don't see the point though... We already have Bent (who's a better out and out goalscorer) and Vydra (who runs and runs and runs plus has potential still)... 

We don't need attitude and effort... We need quality... Our games against B'ham and Wigan we didn't lack attitude... We lacked quality... A fact which was made abundantly clear against a rejuvenated Norwich...

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Boooooooooooo

Surely this means the death note for bringing back Chrissy?

Chrissy Martin > Nugent

We can't get Martin back, so we have to look for a decent value alternative. I think Nugent's a good shout personally.

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

This is why I don't see the point though... We already have Bent (who's a better out and out goalscorer) and Vydra (who runs and runs and runs plus has potential still)... 

We don't need attitude and effort... We need quality... Our games against B'ham and Wigan we didn't lack attitude... We lacked quality... A fact which was made abundantly clear against a rejuvenated Norwich...

Vydra didn't seem to run and run and run when I watched him, he seems to have given up?

Bent and Nugent and Chrissy, who is quality!

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Vydra didn't seem to run and run and run when I watched him, he seems to have given up?

Bent and Nugent and Chrissy, who is quality!

Goal at QPR came from his hassling defenders... Refused to give up when they got the ball back, won it on the edge of the area and then played it Camara for the cross in...

Just now, cheron85 said:

It's a backwards step... He's not as good as Bent... So why bother?

He's different to Bent, and Vydra. He's a smart player, and plays a lot like Martin. 

Basically, Fulham are buying Nugent for us. 

Thanks Fulham lol, you thought you held all the cards, so we'll let you keep our player, who won't play for you and you pay for us to go and get another proven championship goalscorer.

And Martin will then come back in the summer anyroad.

You couldn't make it up. :p

1 minute ago, curtains said:

I'm not sure about us getting Nugent to be honest. 

How good is he and what's his injury record like ! 

VERY GOOD at this level. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who says we can't get the Wardrobe home?

The only way we get Martin back is if one side of the Fulham coin (Board/Jokanovic) decide it's OK to have an implosion of relationship. It's not just a case of throwing the money back at them and saying he's ours again.

Jokanovic said at a minimum he does not want to strengthen a rival, so even if Martin stops playing for them he's adamant he's not letting Martin come back.

From a business decision, this must be annoying for the Fulham board as he's an expensive peice of furniture (so to speak) but I imagine keeping Jokanovic happy is more of a priority for them at the moment.

The only way I can imagine we get Martin back is we offer some sort of deal where we give them WAY more, like the fee and another player (that they want - which is the difficult bit) and I personally don't see that happening. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

The only way we get Martin back is if one side of the Fulham coin (Board/Jokanovic) decide it's OK to have an implosion of relationship. It's not just a case of throwing the money back at them and saying he's ours again.

Yes. So what is new there. You're suggesting you know that won't happen.

12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Your manager clearly disagrees.

Archived