George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

George is a high quality midfielder with the kind of game that could step straight into the Prem. If we don't offer him a decent deal, someone else will. That would be a mistake and another young talented 'footballer' who leaves the club. I'd be disappointed but I'm confident something will be worked out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Rampage said:

If George Thorne was playing at his very best for Bristol City what would we have to pay to get him? Pay the wages that we would pay if  he was playing brilliantly or let him go? No brainer - pay him the money. He does not owe us anything because he got injured. He had a contract and wanted to play football.Give him another.

You're back! You're bloody back! I had given up hope! First @eddie, now this, it's a Christmas miracle!

TobyWanKenobi
26 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Pay as you play contract, simples

No sensible player would ever sign such a thing. 

2 minutes ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

No sensible player would ever sign such a thing. 

Get rid then, too much of a risk. Am not sure about some of the comments on here about Thorne walking into a Premiership side, the more fitting analogy should be hobbling in on crutches.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Get rid then, too much of a risk. Am not sure about some of the comments on here about Thorne walking into a Premiership side, the more fitting analogy should be hobbling in on crutches.

He was no more at risk of breaking his leg than any other player.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

Who said anything about a leg break, refer to his 2 anterior cruciate ligament injuries at West Brom and Derby.

Which he recovered from and played a nearly full season. Assume you disagree with Forsyth having a new deal too?

Sith Happens
Just now, Inglorius said:

Do you ever recover properly from not one but two anterior cruciate ligament injuries. 

He seems to be doing OK.

Sith Happens
40 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

It's a risk.  He's played one season out of 2 and a half since signing for us due to injuries. Do we have that money to gamble. 

Let Mel worry about that.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Inglorius said:

But I do worry though it could be the difference between getting someone else in January.

If they think its too much of a risk they will let him go, they know better than us but I think he will stay and hope he does as he is quality

Just now, Mistaram said:

You wouldn't be saying that if you saw him at Ipswich 

Well, his opinion was based on today's game so I'm sure he would.

Thorne wasn't at his best today it must be said. The commentator said that he'd picked up a slight knock which might've impacted his performance, but I didn't see where he'd picked up the knock from.

Archived