George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

We need to extract his DNA (answers on a postcard). In 20 years time we could have an academy full of players all descended from GT. 

Obviously will need some willing surrogates.

Please apply via B4 c/o Pride Park Derby.

Oh why stop the genetic engineering there....

We must have some DNA from Hughes and Hendrick smeared somewhere around the place.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I have this nightmare that the Wendies send us Butters back take GT out of contract and we sell them Keogh for 1 million.:(

The way the Wendies are carrying out they are more likely to sign Anya as a target man and Shackell as their ball carrying midfielder.

On 16/12/2017 at 02:15, cannable said:

Take relativity into account. Best Derby player in my 22 years (arguably the worst 22 years in our history mind). 

1952/53 through to 1967/68 was a long, dreary slog with very little sign that anything would ever change.

Not as long as your 22 years, but to those that watched throughout that period, it must have felt longer. It's the lack of hope that kills you.

hi all

Yes, that's what I meant I suppose, although it wasn't meant entirely seriously.  Leaving aside all the greats of the past for a moment, I just think that in the modern era (which to me begins with the first post-millennium relegation from the PL) GT has that extra something.  He's almost unique IMO in that he can be a defensive rock, tackle well, distribute accurately and with vision, and can also send one flying when allowed to go forward.  He's also shown, in all the ways that matter, that he genuinely wants to be here.

He'd have been snapped up by a top team ages ago if not for the injuries, so if we can keep him fit he'll be an essential part of what will hopefully be a promotion winning team, if not this season then within the next 2-3 seasons.

COYR!

LR2

I have enjoyed watching Huds. Some great long passes with a sweet touch and a grown up ability to read a game, but I think GT deserves a start and the Milwall game is one where I think his ability will shine particularly well. We are going to have to be adventurous against a side gaining confidence and GT is my man for this game. 

3 hours ago, derbydaz22 said:

My fault didn’t know he still had a broken leg ?

Having a broken leg isn’t a binary thing. You don’t have a broken leg one day and then not a broken leg the next. Nor can you instantly start playing entire football matches when you’ve spent a whole season and a pre-season out injured.

On 16/12/2017 at 00:47, oldtimeram said:

Let's get real 

Thorne is good  but think 

MacFarland

Todd

Hector

George 

Hinton

Mackay

Gemmill

I rest my case when it comes to = God 

Great list of players and,like you,I had the pleasure of watching them all from the 60s onwards.The only one I’d take issue with is “Gladys” Hinton,he was ok and that’s it! Replace him with Stimac and that’s a fabulous list of talent.?

1 hour ago, rcarso1 said:

Great list of players and,like you,I had the pleasure of watching them all from the 60s onwards.The only one I’d take issue with is “Gladys” Hinton,he was ok and that’s it! Replace him with Stimac and that’s a fabulous list of talent.?

Got to disagree. Hinton's crossing, corner taking and dead ball talent was amazing and the amount of crucial goals we got via Gladys was amazing.  Very underrated in my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Got to disagree. Hinton's crossing, corner taking and dead ball talent was amazing and the amount of crucial goals we got via Gladys was amazing.  Very underrated in my opinion. 

Couldn't agree more. He'd look up (what should be a basic for a winger,but I don't see enough of it these days) and plonk it on the head of one of our players -there you go son,put your bonce on that. Always remember the cross from the left where he looked up and saw Ronnie.After getting over the surprise of seeing that lad appear in the box,the rest was just a formality.One of my favourite Rams goals,mainly because of the sheer delight shown by the rest of the team.Matched by Pete Daniel showing himself to be a pretty good centre half,and then adding goals to his portfolio.

You forgot to mention Alan's (often spectacular) goals.I still dream of the one against Everton.

My nightmare concerning George is that we fail to agree contract terms,he goes somewhere else and has an injury free career ,and the rest doesn't bear thinking about.

Archived