STILL NOT TOP 6

jagerbob

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why the SHOUTY thread title? You need a lilttle ... wait for it ... patience. Defer your gratification. Perhaps we're saving our last minute winners for the playoff final?

We've taken 26 points from the last 10 games. We can't finish top 2 so all that matters this season is finishing top 6, not being there at the moment. We are on a fine upward trajectory and I expect we'll take out place among the others over the course of the next few games. So long as we're there after the last game of the regular season. Whether we've finished on 90 points or 78 it doesn't really make much difference. We'll have a 4-way knockout for the biggest prize in sport and there's none of the current 3-6th place teams I fear.

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

I quite like the fact that we're 'bubbling under' - let someone else feel the pressure for a change.

Good thought Angie .. And some of our "options" will be coming back. Just be there are there abouts with 10 games to go. That will do me fine. Could do with some goals to lighten the mood but if a bad day means a point against a side with a good defensive record it can't  be that grim 

This is where it starts ,, where the real questions are asked and get answered ,,, does Mac and these players have what it takes to produce when it really counts and get over the line and if not does Mac have the nouse to bring in the right players and build a team that can ,,, the run we have gone on since Mac came in has been fantastic but let's be honest they have done what we all knew they were capable of and were totally frustrated that they were underachieving so badly ,,, we have history of not producing when the big prize was in reach and we are now back in that truth finding cauldron, do we have players and manager that step up and thrive or ones that freeze and are crushed by the real pressure ? ,,this is not a doom and gloom post just an honest view of where we are ,,, was nt at yesterday's game so will have to be guided by better informed fans who were there and able to give an honest view of the game but it did sound like we let ourselves down in what really was a very big game , a very very big game that was very winnable and massive in terms of moving us into the top six and putting our play off spot in our own hands again ,, it sounded like we just did not play , made unforced errors to give the ball away cheaply and had no movement off the ball with no players stepping up to take the bull by the horns by showing the confidence and nuts to push us on and get the win we needed ? Just a bad day or signs of that underlying missing piece of the jigsaw that's dogged us for the last few seasons when we are so close ? As I say not a doom and gloom post just an honest question to those who get to more games than me

Archived