STILL NOT TOP 6

jagerbob

was more of a thread about annoying last minute results of other teams, but nevermind.

When derby were 2-2 agaisnt fulham, derby were in 5th place going into the 88th minute. By the time those 90+(insert random number here up to 10), were had gone down to 8th.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, archied said:

This is where it starts ,, where the real questions are asked and get answered ,,, does Mac and these players have what it takes to produce when it really counts and get over the line and if not does Mac have the nouse to bring in the right players and build a team that can ,,, the run we have gone on since Mac came in has been fantastic but let's be honest they have done what we all knew they were capable of and were totally frustrated that they were underachieving so badly ,,, we have history of not producing when the big prize was in reach and we are now back in that truth finding cauldron, do we have players and manager that step up and thrive or ones that freeze and are crushed by the real pressure ? ,,this is not a doom and gloom post just an honest view of where we are ,,, was nt at yesterday's game so will have to be guided by better informed fans who were there and able to give an honest view of the game but it did sound like we let ourselves down in what really was a very big game , a very very big game that was very winnable and massive in terms of moving us into the top six and putting our play off spot in our own hands again ,, it sounded like we just did not play , made unforced errors to give the ball away cheaply and had no movement off the ball with no players stepping up to take the bull by the horns by showing the confidence and nuts to push us on and get the win we needed ? Just a bad day or signs of that underlying missing piece of the jigsaw that's dogged us for the last few seasons when we are so close ? As I say not a doom and gloom post just an honest question to those who get to more games than me

You are at where I am and for me we just lack some quality in the middle, when Hughes is off his game or missing we seem to struggle.

We lacked real creativity yesterday, not the first time this season but in other games we have had some luck and nicked it 1-0, Blues [a true game of two halves], QPR, Wigan away to name a few.

We are in a much better shape / position than under Pearson as a team, but are we good enough? Heart says yes, head says no, got to be realistic here, even if we had Martin yesterday I still think we won't have found the net.

Jigsaw parts missing, Yes!

And to be very honest who wants a rerun of 2008?

On 31/12/2016 at 17:27, Carl Sagan said:

Why the SHOUTY thread title? You need a lilttle ... wait for it ... patience. Defer your gratification. Perhaps we're saving our last minute winners for the playoff final?

We've taken 26 points from the last 10 games. We can't finish top 2 so all that matters this season is finishing top 6, not being there at the moment. We are on a fine upward trajectory and I expect we'll take out place among the others over the course of the next few games. So long as we're there after the last game of the regular season. Whether we've finished on 90 points or 78 it doesn't really make much difference. We'll have a 4-way knockout for the biggest prize in sport and there's none of the current 3-6th place teams I fear.

My sentiments lets just concentrate on improving performances building confidence and team spirit ,results will continue for us to naturally fall into the play offs and should Brighton and Newcastle gain automatic promotion we should be optimistic against other contenders for promotion

Just shows the damage Pearson did early season the fact we have been on such an incredible run and we're still not top 6.

I think McC is right when he says lets establish ourselves in top 10 then compete for top 6. Hand on heart I genuinely think that's where we are right now, we need some squad tinkering or stalwarts such as Hughes and Bryson to rediscover their best form if we are going to make top 6.

Archived