Booing Bucko on Saturday.

ollycutts1982

41 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

If you boo Jake Buxton in a dream, you better wake up and apologise immediately...

God's honest truth, I had a dream last night that Olsson had gone wandering up pitch, and left me 1on1 with Eden Hazard!

I stood off him, and when he hit the shot flung myself in the way with my arms up, hoping to get something on it!

I don't know if the shot went in or not, as when I flailed my arms in the dream, ditto in real life and punched the missus in the face, waking us both up with a start, and in her case a groan!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Because we are doing rather well at the minute and have very to moan about how about we all focus our booing on Bucko? A former player returning will give us chance to get all those pent up boos out our system. After all we never broke the clean sheet record while he was here.

Thoughts?

Ridiculous post. Deserves a rousing reception.

Welcome back Jake "black boots" Buxton.  :thumbsup:

In an old article written by leading sports psychologist Dr Martin Perry he classifies  footballers according to their choice of footwear. The colour of a footballer’s boots reveals what type of player he is.

The Old Pro: Black Boots 

Black, of course, is a safe colour and suggests certainty and authority. Having been at the club all his senior career, black boots might be your gnarly team captain. He will have seen it all before and doesn’t take readily to new methods. He might be silently scathing in his criticism of those who wear coloured boots. Always worn traditional black boots, and always will.

If I spot the merest hint of brushed gold, tropical lemon, blue lagoon, pepper red or orange fizz on Bucko's boots then I shall be extremely disappointed.

*** All colours copyright of Dulux.

Booing any ex player is a bit childish, and is music to the players ears. It usually means they made the right decision and moved to a better team that we as fans are jealous of.

Which is precisley why Man Utd dont ever booo any ex players, because to them every single other club is a step down. (unless they move to anfield which is very rare indeed)

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

God's honest truth, I had a dream last night that Olsson had gone wandering up pitch, and left me 1on1 with Eden Hazard!

I stood off him, and when he hit the shot flung myself in the way with my arms up, hoping to get something on it!

I don't know if the shot went in or not, as when I flailed my arms in the dream, ditto in real life and punched the missus in the face, waking us both up with a start, and in her case a groan!

Stan Collymore used that one mate

Sounds like perfectly reasonable Keogh defending to me.

I hoped you booked your missus for simulation.

Again. 

2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Lets reserve booing for the really bad boys, the cheaters, the dirty so and sos, the takers, the cynical footballers who make you lose faith in the game

Bucko is none of them and I thank him for his service to us

Great post. My sentiments exactly. 

Expect Jake will get the same reception and chanting of his name as at the away game, except 10 fold.

Big man hugs at the end of the game and Keogh will cry on his shoulder (again). 

Jake will go misty eyed leaving the pitch and dream of the day he comes back to serve as a Ram, in whatever capacity when he hangs his boots up.

Does your missus wake with a groan often Revil? :D

1 minute ago, Zag zig said:

Expect Jake will get the same reception and chanting of his name as at the away game, except 10 fold.

Big man hugs at the end of the game and Keogh will cry on his shoulder (again). 

Jake will go misty eyed leaving the pitch and dream of the day he comes back to serve as a Ram, in whatever capacity when he hangs his boots up.

Does your missus wake with a groan often Revil? :D

Not often no, I'm normally expert at getting the dosage just so!

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Because we are doing rather well at the minute and have very to moan about how about we all focus our booing on Bucko? A former player returning will give us chance to get all those pent up boos out our system. After all we never broke the clean sheet record while he was here.

Thoughts?

I've given you a like for the bravest post in history.

34 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Not often no, I'm normally expert at getting the dosage just so!

No dosage needed in my house, i often refer to my bed as the slab.

But on the Bucko topic, you know hes going to get one hell of a reception.

And rightly so.

On a serious note. Those who haven't already take the OP with a skip load of salt. I like nothing more than giving a fan favourite a warm welcome back. Hairs on the back of the neck will be on end on sat at 14.55. Nothing less than jake deserves. Top bloke. Not many humble footballers about.

Nowadays footballers would rather you drop the 'foot' from their profession. *those under 30 will understand. 

Archived