Bakary Sako

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

To an extent, yes. Nobody from inside the club, or from anyone connected with Derby though. 

And I've heard from someone at Exeter that they are pretty resigned to losing him...trying to put it off till summer though but they aren't overly confident of doing so

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Fair enough, looks a talent so I hope you're right- could do with some good news today..

Wouldn't get in our side right away, but certainly good enough to offer something of the bench this season. Just the kind of direct, attacking midfielder we're crying out for. If he played for a bigger club, people would be more excited about him. 

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Wouldn't get in our side right away, but certainly good enough to offer something of the bench this season. Just the kind of direct, attacking midfielder we're crying out for. If he played for a bigger club, people would be more excited about him. 

Sounds quite a lot like a description of Ince, Russell, Weimann, Blackman, Vydra etc etc etc

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Yeah, I think that's the sort of player we really need right now. We don't really have anyone who can really drive forward from midfield and cause problems around the edge of the box, especially when Hughes isn't playing as we miss his creativity so I think he'd be an ideal signing, especially in the long term as he devolps

3 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Russells form from last season? 

He was just as bad as this season. Turned up in March/April,  scored a few goals and played well. 

He even admitted as much himself when he was interviewed after the play off game at Hull. 

He scored ten and created eleven. His 21 goals/assists came in 17 different games. 

He registered three goals and six assists under Clement. Ince scored three goals and created one assist when playing out wide under Clement.

Even if you include Ince's goals and assists when playing behind the striker his record is eight goals and four assists.

Turned up in March and April my arse 

4 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Russells form from last season? 

He was just as bad as this season. Turned up in March/April,  scored a few goals and played well. 

He even admitted as much himself when he was interviewed after the play off game at Hull. 

Don't start a fight on here about Russell mate your fighting a losing battle. DEL won't let you say one bad word about him 

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Don't start a fight on here about Russell mate your fighting a losing battle. DEL won't let you say one bad word about him 

Dear oh dear.. Came back with new account after you spat out of the dummy other week and deleted the account... Awkward. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Russell has 'put a shift in' and helped his full-back.

He has not performed very effectively as an attacking wide player.

The stats disagree.

In regard to the stats posted earlier, Russell scored 10 goals as comapred to Sako's 15, when he only had just over half the total shots Sako did. Therefore, Russell is more clinical than Sako... 

The definition of effective is ''successful in producing a desired or intended result''. Now, considering the main purpose of an attacker is to create/score goals and that Russell, every season since he joined us, has double figures for goals scored or created, I'd say he was a pretty effective wide player!

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Dear oh dear.. Came back with new account after you spat out of the dummy other week and deleted the account... Awkward. 

Not come back for trouble, you see my other post I thought he was good against Leicester 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

He scored ten and created eleven. His 21 goals/assists came in 17 different games. 

He registered three goals and six assists under Clement. Ince scored three goals and created one assist when playing out wide under Clement.

Even if you include Ince's goals and assists when playing behind the striker his record is eight goals and four assists.

Turned up in March and April my arse 

Think you're guilty of allowing facts to fokk with fables fella.

2 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

The stats disagree.

In regard to the stats posted earlier, Russell scored 10 goals as comapred to Sako's 15, when he only had just over half the total shots Sako did. Therefore, Russell is more clinical than Sako... 

The definition of effective is ''successful in producing a desired or intended result''. Now, considering the main purpose of an attacker is to create/score goals and that Russell, every season since he joined us, has double figures for goals scored or created, I'd say he was a pretty effective wide player!

Sorry YR

Was responding to SDSR's assertion that since Leeds, Russell has been 'fantastic'.

He's trying hard but it's not working for him in and around the box.

Archived