Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

6 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I will go on record now to say that no matter who We loan or buy we will not get promoted. Already recently we had chances to get into the top 6 and didn't do it. Hell we've had a run of 11 games of promotion form and only just threaten the play off places. We need a serious run of results, and a bit of steel to grind out wins when not playing well (Something we've been lacking for a long time)

As much as I want to get promoted we need to stop overpaying for deadwood or players that just aren't better than we have. I'd almost go as far as saying sign nobody and wait til summer. Then a few contracts expire and we might be able to ship a few more out. also if we sign a striker how is vernam going to progress? How is Hanson going to progress if we sign yet another midfielder? I doubt we'll go up this season no matter how much money we throw at it. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I will go on record now to say that no matter who We loan or buy we will not get promoted. Already recently we had chances to get into the top 6 and didn't do it. Hell we've had a run of 11 games of promotion form and only just threaten the play off places. We need a serious run of results, and a bit of steel to grind out wins when not playing well (Something we've been lacking for a long time)

I think that's a bit unfair...we were 21st when the run started so had a lot of catching up to do!

I wouldn't say we've played that well recently and still managed to grind out results.

We just lack a game changer (I'd say Ince is our only real one).

10 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

As much as I want to get promoted we need to stop overpaying for deadwood or players that just aren't better than we have. I'd almost go as far as saying sign nobody and wait til summer. Then a few contracts expire and we might be able to ship a few more out. also if we sign a striker how is vernam going to progress? How is Hanson going to progress if we sign yet another midfielder? I doubt we'll go up this season no matter how much money we throw at it. 

Trouble is, if you're the owner, and your manger says he wants a particular player, do you ignore the price and back your manager and bring in the player, or say "hoooooooow much?" and then be accused of not backing your manger?

who'd be an owner? ?

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Agreed, last January called for 1 quality signing, had we got Rhodes/forestieri or Austin/McCormack as rumoured it probably would have propelled us to the next level.

Instead we signed Blackman and Camara who have offered no real value for money at all.

This January we either need to sign 1 or 2 proven, quality signings, or no one at all.

Stevie Mac offers the chance for excellent loan signings however, and the biro lad could be a real find. 

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Agreed, last January called for 1 quality signing, had we got Rhodes/forestieri or Austin/McCormack as rumoured it probably would have propelled us to the next level.

Instead we signed Blackman and Camara who have offered no real value for money at all.

This January we either need to sign 1 or 2 proven, quality signings, or no one at all.

Stevie Mac offers the chance for excellent loan signings however, and the biro lad could be a real find. 

Steve has pencilled him in for tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Exactly this! We have to do it properly this Jan... if we are gonna sign anyone they have to be quality....like Lansbury! 

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

A serious run like 7 wins on the bounce?

play offs can mean promotion.

Yeah but we need to do that again without a run of losses and draws. I just dont think we can achieve that sort of run again. We have not shown that sort of consistency in any recent season.

2 hours ago, Colm said:

If we've seriously bid £5m on lansbury just to piss off forest then ffs. I mean yeah he's better than bryson or butterfield but we're paying 5 million for a player in last 6 months of his contract just to spite our rivals...

If we're willing to spend £5m then why dont we spend it on drastically improving our midfield? Hourìhane from Barnsley is a much better player also in last 6 months of his contract.

I agree it will be funny to see forest relegated by taking away their best player... but will lansbury actually improve us that much to give us promotion?

I've seen Sammon mentioned quite alot recently, just out of interest, how many times have you seen him play?

Archived