Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Interesting comments for Steve to make in public 

Especially how we never normally comment on transfer targets. Am I right in thinking the last time Derby made the media aware of a bid was last season and Antonio?

1 minute ago, JayRam1 said:

Have u heard that Lansbury would be interested or do u think we wasting our time?

Lansbury wants out of Forest, John Percy who I know for a fact has excellent sources at Forest has said as much, as well as him being interested in a move here. 

We'll have to see. My gut feeling is they wouldn't sell to Derby, unless the offer was ridiculous. Martin far more likely.

We're also after a winger in the window, we made a substantial offer for Scannell of Huddersfield in the summer and we've asked about him again recently, so maybe one to watch there. 

Hopefully the left back situation sorts itself out, but I can definitely see 3 coming in this window. 

2 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

With Hughes and Butts suspended and Hanson looking to fill in at full back I feel we need to strengthen CM, however I believe Lansbury is out injured still 

So is Chris Martin. I hear they're both out indefinitely and will likely be fit to play on the day they sign for us.

9 minutes ago, feisty said:

If he pockets the cash, the offer from the new owners goes down by the amount Lansbury is sold for.  The new owners are buying all of Forests assets. So if one is sold, they reduce their offer price.  And once you've agreed a price any sale of assets can only be donw with new owners permissions.

It's like if you agreed a price to sell your house and the garden and garage with it. If you then sold off the garage, the person buying the house would then refuse to pay the original price

I'm by no means an expert but have bought a business in the past.  In my case the price Included two elements, the actual business and then stock at valuation.  It could make sense to structure a football takeover similarly; one price for the business (fixed assets (eg a lease on a council owned shed) and goodwill (Fawaz has much of this)) and another for the stock at valuation (playing staff which would be determined by agreed independent valuers).

For reference, it's probably sensible* to complete any valuations as close as possible to the takeover date. Anyway the point of this is that, independent valuers would likely ascribe a lowish value for Henri given the length of his contract.  Therefore Mr Fawaz, could accept this figure being paid to him by new investors or pocket a few extra million by accepting Mel's cash.

*I've just put the word sensible in the same paragraph as the word Fawaz.  Do I win a prize?

5 minutes ago, Boycie said:

If scannel was asked about in the summer then that was Pearson.

dont we have a new scouting system and coach now?

Correct and I tagged you in it. Lol

Archived