Derby County vs Birmingham City - matchday thread

Rev

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 08:41, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

You will be going NORTH most Blue noses will be heading South to New Street.

Trains departing 17.25 17.42 18.05 1825 1844 1909 and ON and ON 

Plenty of options for Q.T train 

Got train tickets sorted and I'm just gonna go for it. Sod the anxiety. It's DCFC!! Has to be done.

Best win now. :lol:

On 19 December 2016 at 20:22, Millenniumram said:

Exactly what I'd go for as well, razza has surely done enough in the last 2 games to warrant a place, and I think we need to pray for lowes fitness after olssons nightmare on Saturday 

I like that side. And if Razza isn't coming up with the goods Johnny or Weiman can step in. He deserves a start. 

Very difficult for Mac at the moment. Want to keep a wining side but needing to encourage those on the sidelines. Still it's the right sort of problem to have 

Make no mistake this will be a very difficult game despite Rowett's departure. Birmingham are a very tenacious, hard-working group of honest lads who most of the time play to their absolute maximum so it's important we get off a good start. It will also good to see how we react to the mini Christmas break.

6 minutes ago, irobinson said:

need to beat them - bit of a pattern and teams starting to win now.....including Fulham, Wendies and Villa.....going to be fun up there

So we. don't even get to the play off places even if we win? Blimey, it's tough at the top. 

So how far have we come, moved on, stayed the same, gone backwards since roughly this time last year?

I remember watching us against Leeds, a game we looked the better team in for the first 20 minutes, and then we just seemed to stop playing. I watched it in a hotel bar, thinking great it's on Sky, I'll watch it on the big screen, then a family all wearing Leicester City shirts plonked their bums on a table nearby and on came the Leicester City v Man City game, which also ended up a draw, and then Leicester went on to achieve winning the Premiership, whilst I had to make doo, siting in a bar, watching the Rams on an iPad, oh the joys of it all!

Was that only a year ago? Feels like forever. We've had such a topsy-turvy year since then.

I think today's going to be a tough one and maybe not a day for flowing football. If we've learned one lesson from the last twelve months it's maybe to be a bit more resilient. 

COYR! 

Archived