Clough and Burton

Ramz64

Sith Happens

Killer blow that equaliser today....going to take some monumental comeback now.

Oh crap....just realised they have us in two weeks time.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, MuespachRam said:

We will break that run for them...!

Thats my worry, they will be up for that.

Ah well, just need to beat Wolves and Bolton then it wont matter.

19 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Birmingham let me down for 100 notes against them today :angry:

Sorry to hear that but from what I've heard Birmingham created enough chances to win three games and it would have been a travesty if they didn't get a point.

Devastated right now, we're down.

Four minutes away from 6 points and two clean sheets in two games, we cant hold on we get no wins.

We've not been a million miles away in a lot of games so it's impossible to say we've been totally out of our depth but at the end of the season were looking like to be marooned and cut adrift many points off fourth bottom.

Harsh but just not quite good enough.

6 hours ago, David said:

Not heard the interview but have heard it's not pretty.

Apparently the interviewer was provocative and Nigel's response had pissed off a lot of Burton fans.

A tough night all round, players booed off at half time and full time, one round of we want cloughie out.

It's been coming, the loud minority is growing and getting louder.

Fair enough if they want to have a pop but unsurprisingly I think it's out of order.

The achievement last season was incredible, this season a step too far, perhaps recruitment could have been better but he's cobbling together as squad of free transfers and nominals with the budget he had so it's always going to be hit and miss.

Biggest difference this time around has been the impact of the January loanees who haven't produced the same kind of return ax last year's loans.

I'd say the pressure from the fans will grow to get rid. I don't think Ben will listen to them, I hope and now believe NC wont walk away but if the atmosphere gets worse for the last two home games that might change.

A really crappy night all round.

Nigel needs to let things slide off him more. He's short tempered and straight talking. Football fans are very sensitive and only have a sense of humour when it's one way "banter"

I'm guessing Nigel meant it as a way of saying it would have been an easier job but he came to Burton instead and kept them up instead.

He's got an old school approach. You can't be straight talking. You have to read from the same script as every other manager. The same old interviews that you don't even need to bother watching because there's only about 3 different versions. Look at the Cywka thing when he was here. Or other times he's mentioned individuals. 

He's probably blown it now

Feel slightly sorry for him as his 'marquee signing' if you can call him that was injured without playing a game, and I think it's lack of goals that has really cost them.

I also wonder if he's been thrown under the bus by his chairman. Ground would have need to be made all seater had Burton survived this year and you have to wonder, with that in mind, if he was given the backing he deserved following on from last seasons heroics.

If the fans are booing him for results, shame on them. If its for style of play or team selection I couldn't really comment.

From what I hear, until last night, they've still remained pretty competitive but just been toothless up top.

Judging by the goals highlights the performance v hull looked very poor, and the manager might well be fizzing.

the fact that darren bent hasn't scored the goals they needed is no real surprise.

i don't see the problem with straight talking. But its not always necessary to respond publicly. perhaps he is just reminding the Burton fans that he showed them loyalty last season.

losing stresses everyone. Sometimes the dice are loaded and people have to take it on the chin.

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not heard the interview but have heard it's not pretty.

Apparently the interviewer was provocative and Nigel's response had pissed off a lot of Burton fans.

A tough night all round, players booed off at half time and full time, one round of we want cloughie out.

It's been coming, the loud minority is growing and getting louder.

Fair enough if they want to have a pop but unsurprisingly I think it's out of order.

The achievement last season was incredible, this season a step too far, perhaps recruitment could have been better but he's cobbling together as squad of free transfers and nominals with the budget he had so it's always going to be hit and miss.

Biggest difference this time around has been the impact of the January loanees who haven't produced the same kind of return ax last year's loans.

I'd say the pressure from the fans will grow to get rid. I don't think Ben will listen to them, I hope and now believe NC wont walk away but if the atmosphere gets worse for the last two home games that might change.

A really crappy night all round.

Minority is the point, a few hundred people can make a lot of noise.

I dont know for sure but i suspect despite disappointing crowds at Burton they are still significantly more than they were say 3 seasons ago when they were in League 2.

Those that followed them from non league upto the football league are probably disappointed but understand that to even be trying to compete at this level is remarkable.

Those hundreds or thousands that have appeared since the two promotions are more likely to be the ones making the noises.

They can probably go back to supporting Stoke or even Derby or whoever next season, or more likely putting their feet up and watching PL football on TV on a saturday.

Havent heard the interview, not on RD yet, wouldnt surprise me if Clough has reacted, sadly its something he isnt very good at, controlling his emotions i guess, he does lash out on occasions or come across as bitter, probably be better having a couple of brandies before going on air.

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, David said:

Here is the interview, reporter was going after Nigel on this one. Not surprised he’s pissed off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p063zz42

Not as bad as made out. 

He isn't saying he wanted to go to forest or feels he should have. It's a response to someone saying he should go.

Enjoyed the bit when he got him to apologise.

Understandably sounds unhappy.

Spot on with his comments when asked why supporters should turn up on Saturday.

Utter tripe from the journo there. I can't believe he's gone into an interview and said to the manager "Oh by the way this random supporter has said this that and the other, how do you respond?". "Worst defeat in the football league." Unprofessional and frankly amateur. 

If you want to get answers from someone, try not to be Jeremy Paxman and grill them or they will get p*ssed off? Cloughie isn't a politician. At least do your job first then if you feel confident enough strike someone with tough questions. Burning bridges with the local radio station and the football club, well done Mike Perkins.

Archived