Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Was really hoping Brentford would get something against Barnsley.

I reckon thats the result that puts Burton down, really cant see them getting anything at Preston.

But you never know. A draw could well be enough.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Was really hoping Brentford would get something against Barnsley.

I reckon thats the result that puts Burton down, really cant see them getting anything at Preston.

But you never know. A draw could well be enough.

I feel very similarly. I’ve got a horrible feeling that Barnsley’s result today is what saves them. I really hope Burton can get the result they need.

They just need to draw, us to win, and Bolton not to win. Not too much to ask for.

Gonna need nerves of steel though. 

Or I suppose they could lose, and we could do them a massive favour by winning something like 20-0. That would be nice. 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I feel very similarly. I’ve got a horrible feeling that Barnsley’s result today is what saves them. I really hope Burton can get the result they need.

They just need to draw, us to win, and Bolton not to win. Not too much to ask for.

Gonna need nerves of steel though. 

Or I suppose they could lose, and we could do them a massive favour by winning something like 20-0. That would be nice. 

Yeah i was thinking if we scored loads would be fine lol.

15 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah i was thinking if we scored loads would be fine lol.

If we get an early goal, and they hear about it in the burton game, that will get Preston heads down, and Burton heads up. It’s going to be compelling stuff. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

If we get an early goal, and they hear about it in the burton game, that will get Preston heads down, and Burton heads up. It’s going to be compelling stuff. 

Really want both teams to be celebrating next week 

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I was just thinking, if we lose to Barnsley now, I’ll be so depressed on 2 fronts. 

Especially if burton get a result 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

They'll only need a point if we do our jobs properly. Bolton won't save themselves. It's totally on for Burton I reckon.

We were brilliant today and it could and should have been four or five.

Bolton had a couple of spells but the defending was superb even of at times a bit panicky.

We've got a real player on our hands though in Liam Boyce, I'm not sure he's even fully fit yet but hes just put it in one of the best centre forward performances I've seen at this level. He really was immense.

Hold onto him and whatever level we're at next season we'll be competitive. Just hope we're not forced to sell to he first decent bid.

It could still end in tears and there have been tough times but what a brilliant season I've just watched. Really proud of the players for giving themselves this chance.

Play like we did today, we win the game. I don't care if they are chasing top six, we're capable of beating anyone.

Who'd have thought it 3 weeks ago you were sending us down if you beat us, now we rely on you to win a home game against a bottom four side.

I'm praying for a home win like I used to pray when nigel was in charge of the Rams.

Come on you Brewers, come on you Rams and come on you reds (can't believe I'm trying to get away with that one!!!)

It really will be a burton / derby love in next weekend. 

Didnt realise but millwall loosing basically takes them out of it. They’d need a goal difference swing of 9 to overtake us if they win and we loose. So now the only team that can overtake us is Preston. 

Now im thinking how tragic would it be is we lose, but burton win. Burton do us the favour of  keeping us in the play offs, but we don’t return the favour and they go down anyway. 

I’d shed a tear, but I’d get over it. I am a derby fan after all. 

35 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

We were brilliant today and it could and should have been four or five.

Bolton had a couple of spells but the defending was superb even of at times a bit panicky.

We've got a real player on our hands though in Liam Boyce, I'm not sure he's even fully fit yet but hes just put it in one of the best centre forward performances I've seen at this level. He really was immense.

Hold onto him and whatever level we're at next season we'll be competitive. Just hope we're not forced to sell to he first decent bid.

It could still end in tears and there have been tough times but what a brilliant season I've just watched. Really proud of the players for giving themselves this chance.

Play like we did today, we win the game. I don't care if they are chasing top six, we're capable of beating anyone.

Who'd have thought it 3 weeks ago you were sending us down if you beat us, now we rely on you to win a home game against a bottom four side.

I'm praying for a home win like I used to pray when nigel was in charge of the Rams.

Come on you Brewers, come on you Rams and come on you reds (can't believe I'm trying to get away with that one!!!)

Just goes to show if he’d been fit from the start, burton might have been quite comfortable instead of leaving it to the eleventh hour. 

And if Burton ‘surviving’ in the championship is a helluvan achievemet. Then burton being ‘comfortable’ wouldve been incredible. 

If he’s returned to fitness next season, I’d start expecting Burton to have loftier ambitions than mere survival. 

7 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It really will be a burton / derby love in next weekend. 

Didnt realise but millwall loosing basically takes them out of it. They’d need a goal difference swing of 9 to overtake us if they win and we loose. So now the only team that can overtake us is Preston. 

Now im thinking how tragic would it be is we lose, but burton win. Burton do us the favour of  keeping us in the play offs, but we don’t return the favour and they go down anyway. 

I’d shed a tear, but I’d get over it. I am a derby fan after all. 

I've worked and lived in and around Burton nearly all my life.  If I had been born 30 years later I might have been a Burton fan.

It goes without saying that I want us to make the playoffs but if we can help Burton, and they can help themselves (and us!) it really will be win-win.

Too little too late in the end - seemed to take virtual relegation to get them playing. Although  he's done great stuff this past few weeks Nigels negative attitude over the season has engendered their situation. Could have done far more to pump them up than endlessly droning on about being sub par.

Archived