Crystal Ball Time

TommyPowell

30 games to go

Having looked at the fixtures  the only matches i can see us struggling  in are Brentford-Brighton-Newcastle  Norwich and Leeds all away.        

So can we get 55 out of the possible 75 left My answer is  a big fat YES from me just so long as none of our key players dont get injured and thats not taking into account any new signings

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admire your optimism but let's not get carried away.

I can see home:

Wins v: Rotherham, Forest, Wigan, Burton, Bristol, Cardiff, Barnsley, Preston, QPR, Huddersfield and Wolves.

Draws: Birmingham, Reading and Fulham.

Defeats: Norwich

Away:

Wins: Wigan and Rotherham

Draws: QPR, Ipswich, Blackburn, Forest, Birmingham and Brentford

Defeats: Fulham, Norwich, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton and Wednesday. 

Making 48 I reckon but who knows in this league and there are bound to be a couple of unexpected wins and defeats (Burton at home anyone for their first away win of the season?)

Will be interesting to see how many points you need for the playoffs this season. I may be wrong but I think there have been more of a breakaway group in recent seasons and mid-table teams have struggled to catch up with them. This season looks a bit more like championship of old where there is very little between relegation and promotion. 

If you take Schteve's first 5 games as a barometer, we've took 10 from five games.  Expand that over the next 30 games and we'd get 60 pts, add that to the points we already have and we'd have 80.  It sounds a tall order but we're only 6 points of the play offs, it's not impossible.

I would look at it in 5 game blocks we need 9/10 points every 5 games to get into the play-off's - If we stay fairly injury free and couple more handballs on the line from Keogh and it could be possible, but I think we might have left ourselves a bit too much to do. This is the strongest this league has ever been. 

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Got to admire your optimism but let's not get carried away.

I can see home:

Wins v: Rotherham, Forest, Wigan, Burton, Bristol, Cardiff, Barnsley, Preston, QPR, Huddersfield and Wolves.

Draws: Birmingham, Reading and Fulham.

Defeats: Norwich

Away:

Wins: Wigan and Rotherham

Draws: QPR, Ipswich, Blackburn, Forest, Birmingham and Brentford

Defeats: Fulham, Norwich, Leeds, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton and Wednesday. 

Making 48 I reckon but who knows in this league and there are bound to be a couple of unexpected wins and defeats (Burton at home anyone for their first away win of the season?)

We will not lose all of those away games, playing the SM way sometimes suits us better away as we can break on the opposing team.

Top 6 unless we have some further bad luck with injuries.

Maybe we should factor in Keogh's mistakes as some folk think he holds us back :no:

This is the Championship. Results cannot be predicted with any great consistent accuracy.

We could just as easily beat Norwich 4-0 than lose at home to Rotherham.

Focus and hard work a game at a time and we'll win more than we lose IMO.

I do accept the thread is a light hearted look at where we could grab points though so fair enough.

Archived