Crystal Ball Time

TommyPowell

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

You can only see us struggling in 5 more games for the entire season? That's not even saying you can only see us losing 5 more. That's incredibly naive and disrespectful to the other teams.

i blame Trump

8 hours ago, In_The_Dark_Ram said:

55 is very doable. Decent chance we'll get around two points a game, been there abouts for long spells in recent seasons and had that return since the mac returned.

That'd be comfortable top 6. I reckon 50/50 for play-offs.

At what point does comfortable top six become 50/50 for the play offs? Isn't top six actually THE play offs?

On paper, This is probably the strongest championship season in regards to big clubs in the league for over 10 years. 

But the reality is that the big clubs are performing poorly and the league is very open apart from the top 2.

I don't expect Brighton to be up in the top 2 come may. They'll be in the play offs again and won't make wembley... AGAIN. 

So I reckon if we can put together a run of around 50-60 points out of the next 75 points available, we'll end up where we want to be. 3rd or 4th is my prediction. Not too confident about 2nd as Norwich always have a strong end to the season. 

We need to take it game by game and hopefully just keep dragging up wins and dragging ourselves up the table while going unnoticed by other teams. Watford & Norwich have both been promoted using that approach, they had extremely poor starts to their seasons and then after Christmas they put together a run of games and snuck up the table to either get in the play offs or even get auto's.

It is possible this season but you have to think when the big clubs are going to wake up and start performing. Clubs like Bristol city & Huddersfield aren't going to finish in the play offs surely. We have started to hit form, Villa are also starting to kick on. Wednesday have stalled and are dropping. Newcastle are just running away with this league so forget the title. That's there's.

Since Pearson's been gone, I understand we've been averaging 2 points per game. Over an entire season that's generally good enough to achieve automatic promotion. Obviously, our poor start and the strength of Newcastle/ Norwich has almost certainly made that impossible, but I see no reason why we can't continue with our good form and make it into the playoffs.

Just now, ITSD said:

Since Pearson's been gone, I understand we've been averaging 2 points per game. Over an entire season that's generally good enough to achieve automatic promotion. Obviously, our poor start and the strength of Newcastle/ Norwich has almost certainly made that impossible, but I see no reason why we can't continue with our good form and make it into the playoffs.

Agreed. We need to be positive for the rest of the season.

Going forward we can be one of the most dangerous teams in the league. So if we carry on the way we're going we can beat anyone. 

Plus, the bonus of this year is that we don't have our major bogey teams to maybe face in the play offs... Burnley & Boro. 

Everyone else in this league we have beaten before and can do it again.

Very much misplaced optimism, although it is much nicer to see than the general doom on the forum two months ago. 

One thing I'd say about Mac's Derby with respect to form is that we were and maybe still are wildly inconsistent. We were capable of going on blistering streaks of form and gathering points like crazy, and then losing our creative mojo and struggling to open teams up.

At our best we are how we were against Wolves first half last weekend, at our worst Reading in the final game of 14/15.

Some kind of consistency would suit me just fine. Think if we're still in with a shot at the play-offs with 10 games remaining we'll have done very well indeed. 

Archived