Derby vs Rotherham - matchday thread.

Rev

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Meanwhile, on the Norwich forum. 

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3442926/ShowPost.aspx

No reason why we can't do what Brighton did to them if we have the right attitude. They're really struggling at the moment and are conceding too many goals.

My nephew went the game with his Norwich fan mate. Said they were dire ! And that after listening to Norwich fans in the pub before saying Derby will be an easy 3 points ha ha 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back home from the game, and once again I am a happy Ram fan, I know Rotherham were poor, but it was the way we played again, every player wanted the ball, and once again they all played with a smile on there face, and the football at times was very good, stand out players for me were Ince, Hughes and Butterfield. but the whole team looked good with no poor performances, I am so surprised how quickly Mac has got us to this stage, can not wait for Norwich next week.

35 minutes ago, jono said:

Bent .. Never off side once, has rediscovered his football brain and playing very well. The goal was hard, very hard .. Wrong foot, cover all over, had to hit it where he hit it and he did. Their backs were crumbling around him. Great game

Great report but the pedant in me feels obliged to point out that Bent was given offside in the first few seconds of the game. 

He was terrific though. 

just got back in and very satisfied with that both that performance and our steady return to form under the mac.

great team effort today and everyone looked confident and revitalised...id point out to the doubters that baird was extremely solid today and with some excellent touches and passes,in fact that went for all of the defence.

time for a nice curry and a glass of peroni to top this fine day off

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Thought the ref kept giving us the decisions today. I'm not complaining but he was very generous. I also thought Camp played really well in goal for Rotherham despite all the stick people were giving him. 

and he did get some serious stick from the south stand!,,,seemed to take it well enough though.

happy to see some goals and a good performance 

rotherham rolled over rather easily. They were very poor. 

I'm not quite as delirious as some. 

For me there was still an element of square passing, unforced cocks ups, and a lack of forward drive at times.

the second pen looked a soft decision from where i was.

but we should have been out of sight. 

How we didn't get 6 goals I'll never know, so many missed sitters. Way, way too good for a poor Rotherham.

I'm chuffed, we're playing a different class of football from the Pearson era although there's still plenty for Mac to work on.

Only thing is, that old thing about there being no easy games in the Championship...we've had 3 out of 4 halves against sides which were abysmal. Absolutely abysmal. Disorganised, sloppy in possession, not tracking, not losing down. If a side lets Derby play, we'll murder them any day. I want to see us beat a good side in Norwich next week (forget the bad run they're on, they've got good players), before I get too carried away.

Still, three goals, three points. Happy days.

First 15 minutes was dire. Not just the football on the pitch but the atmosphere was totally flat, almost eerie.

Rotherham fans by far the quietest and most inactive that have visited Derby this season. Very, very disappointed with their efforts. Just added to the dead atmosphere.

The opening penalty incident sparked the game into life and for the rest of the first half and for periods in the second half I thought Derby were excellent and I was very pleased with everyone out there today.

As someone else mentioned, I too am not getting carried away. Rotherham have 7 points for a reason and they looked like a struggling league 1 side never mind Championship. We beat nothing. They were utterly atrocious.

That said, we applied ourselves very very well and the old saying springs to mind - you can only beat what's put in front of you.

If we can replicate this performance more regularly against the better sides in the division then we're talking but 4 home games under McLaren, 3 wins and a draw with no goals conceded you have to give everyone great credit.

Really enjoyed today's game and although it's good to see us streamroller the opposition, I do enjoy it more when our opponents at least try to make a game of it.

They just sat back, let us have all the time in the world to spray it about and bobs your uncle. 3-0 and could have been 7 or 8.

Inept tactics IMO from Kenny Jackett.

Anyway. Onto Norwich. Good close encounter in prospect.

Well done to all connected with DCFC tonight.

Archived