Derby vs Rotherham - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Tony, good report  .. The atmosphere and the opening 15 mins were really odd and out of kilter. It didn't feel like a match for the first 10 mins at all.

what on earth was the rave music before kick off ? .... ! Bad at best and then clashing with the last post/Somme memorial. There is a village somewhere that is missing its idiot and he's in the PA box at Derby county. 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Yes Tony, good report  .. The atmosphere and the opening 15 mins were really odd and out of kilter. It didn't feel like a match for the first 10 mins at all.

what on earth was the rave music before kick off ? .... ! Bad at best and then clashing with the last post/Somme memorial. There is a village somewhere that is missing its idiot and he's in the PA box at Derby county. 

Yes my friend and I thought it was a bit odd and the PA bloke had maybe pressed a button by accident.

It must have been a mistake as the music was totally inappropriate at that time. If not and it was somehow bizarrely part of the proceedings then someone needs a bollocking.

In fairness you're right .. It had to be a mistake. My gripe is really with the rave thing .. It just doesn't suit the build up to a game.

i get Steve Bloomer, two tribes, fanfares, trumpets, simply the best .... But weird jarring acid house, rave = meaningless unless you are on "E" I suppose. It just isn't footy music IMO.

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Leave it 

Maybe you should read what's the post actually about.. Don't tell me what to do. You're the one dragged it up today and you do REALISE that the post was made on the 8th November? Which was 11 days ago.. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

In fairness you're right .. It had to be a mistake. My gripe is really with the rave thing .. It just doesn't suit the build up to a game.

i get Steve Bloomer, two tribes, fanfares, trumpets, simply the best .... But weird jarring acid house, rave = meaningless unless you are on "E" I suppose. It just isn't footy music IMO.

and that truly awful Eminem number they play. Eminem. Jeez. Makes me nauseous. Nobody should be subjected to Eminem songs, at least not without prior warning they are about to be played.

I applaud the club for trying to ramp up the atmosphere and make the approach to kick off more exciting but I have to admit I find it a little embarrassingly American if I'm being honest.

Still, it is what it is and that's that.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Take it you enjoyed Bairds performance then. 

Lol

I bet B4 was just waiting for that first mistake.

I guess he's still waiting.

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

God help us if they have a left winger who can at least jog...Anya should have played....

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha (breathe) hahahahahahahahahaha.

Don't worry, I'm laughing with you, not at you.

Am I bolleux.

8 hours ago, JarodyDCFC said:

They're playing two very pacey wingers.

One of them is still in Baird's back pocket, and the other one's still in Lowe's.

By the way, Bradley Johnson today. I've criticised the lad, and he's turned in some ***** over the last year, but since Pearson left he's been playing well and today he ******* owned it.

Baird was the right choice. He's just a steady pro. Never going to light up the game but also never going to let you down 

When Christie was first injured i was all for putting Anya at right back but after watching him against England he has no positional awareness at right back. Always seemed to be stood in the wrong place and dont think he made a tackle. First job of the right back is to be able to actually defend 

5 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm just so very pleased to have a happy forum......almost as one..almost

Yes. Almost. There's still the pre-match music to moan about, the chanting at the keeper, the two missed penalties, the fact we didn't score 6, Vydra's miss and that's just from a cursory glance at the forum. :ph34r:

Happy with the performance yesterday. This, along with the first half agaisnt Wolves, are why I go to footy; to be entertained and long may it continue. We aren't at the level we were in most of SMc's first stint yet, but the signs are extremely encouraging. 

Really enjoyed the game. I don't think the opening 15mins was poor. I think  Rotherham were doing well, moving the ball nicely and Derby showed them the respect they should be showing everyone. We kept them at a distance and didn't try to force the game. We were patient and controlled where they had the ball. I think many fans expect Derby to just storm teams like Rotherham in terms of possession but you have to respect all oppositon and assume that if you go in thinking they'll crumble under pressure then you might just find they open you up. **** teams beat good teams, it happens and we made sure we defended as we did against Wednesday.

The atmosphere reflected that everyone felt it was going to be easy, So fair play to the team.

I thought everyone was a solid 7/10 at least. Butterfield ran the midfield, Johnson supported every play, Ince looked to be having so much fun, Max Lowe is definitley better than Olsson imo. Vydra and Weimann came on and gave us that burst of energy and hunger. Vydra needs a couple of goals to settle him infront of goal. He plays like he's a good technical player and shoots like he's Sammon. 

Can't believe we didn't score more tbh. 3-0 flattered them!!!

@Alpha.

We obviously went to the same game, I did find the first 15 oddly quiet but you are right. They tried to start on the front foot and we were mature in trying to see what they had rather than barn storming to warm up the crowd. Some people in the prediction thread jokingly put 6-0 .. It could have easily got there. 

Archived