PAUL CLEMENT

Ibby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he does well, but not as well as us. My only worry for him is that he stepped in to a set up at Derby where he was given every possible resource (apart from time). At QPR he will no doubt have to manage an even more mental wage bill than ours and have less recruitment power. He will also have to deal with the fact that club has been a basket case for a good while now.

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Can't help thinking he will become a top manager down the line.

Dull football or not, under him we still only lost 7 games. People are so demanding, give me 3 points anyday.

tbf not all of the football was dull. There were periods like 2nd half Birmingham away, the wolves match at home where we were playing fast paced good football. My abiding memory was that under clement we seemed completely unable to handle 3 games in a week and turned in some absolute turkey performances in the 3rd match (eg forest away). Fitness seemed the main issue.

Nothing I saw while he was here suggests a to me he'll ever make a top manager.  He was extremely naive tactically, and seemed to have no understanding of what players were good and bad at - just stick them all in a formation he'd seen working before and hope it worked again.  And for all the talk of him being a good coach, we were extremely unfit and I can barely think of a single player that played better than under previous managers.  In fact, barring maybe Keogh and Christie (who got back to previous levels after a dip towards the end of the last season), I'd say the majority of players played worse under him.

Archived