Vydra's miss

Bris Vegas

On 08/11/2016 at 21:38, Bris Vegas said:

I'm clearly on my own in my reasoning here, but I still find misses like these, while terrible, not as bad as Vydra's largely because this was an instinctive shot. The ball was moving. Sammon didn't even strike it with his foot, looks like it came off his lower inner right leg.

Vydra's was worse because he controlled the ball well and the ball was stationary. Not moving. getting clean contact on a moving ball is much more difficult than a stationary ball, that's why even the best players in the world miss chances like Sammon's.

But Vydra's was easier. How can you miss from eight yards out, half the goal open and with the ball stationary? 

Because the keeper is about an inch in front of him, so he doesn't really have THAT much goal to aim at.

Honestly, I'm starting to think this is to deliberately attack the guys confidence. We've been through this a million times - the players read the forums, they read social media. These kinds of attacks feed through to them. Let it go ffs.

Some fan you are... Personally, I haven't forgotten that time you gave up on Derby midmatch and started watching Brentford for a bit of entertainment when they were flying. I'll never forget that, it says so much about you.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Some fan you are... Personally, I haven't forgotten that time you gave up on Derby midmatch and started watching Brentford for a bit of entertainment when they were flying. I'll never forget that, it says so much about you.

NO WAY?????????

Also I agree with the point about Vydra. If the keeper didn't spread himself like he did, it would have ended up in the net, End of. If we go on to concede and draw the game 3-3 I can possibly understand why people would be so annoyed that he missed it.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

NO WAY?????????

Also I agree with the point about Vydra. If the keeper didn't spread himself like he did, it would have ended up in the net, End of. If we go on to concede and draw the game 3-3 I can possibly understand why people would be so annoyed that he missed it.

He had a thing for Brentford at one time. Every little error we made, he compared us to Brentford. It was nauseating. I think we were losing to someone, may have been Wigan away in the 14/15 season when it was 0-0 and we had created nothing. He was in the matchday chat section saying he was buggering off to watch Brentford because it bored him...sure enough he came back when we won 2-0.

I might have the game wrong but I remember it happening.

12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

He had a thing for Brentford at one time. Every little error we made, he compared us to Brentford. It was nauseating. I think we were losing to someone, may have been Wigan away in the 14/15 season when it was 0-0 and we had created nothing. He was in the matchday chat section saying he was buggering off to watch Brentford because it bored him...sure enough he came back when we won 2-0.

I might have the game wrong but I remember it happening.

Madness. Never thought anyone would be able to show their face again after something like that. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Not at all. He gets the tone I intended...its a semi-serious point made in a tongue in cheek way.

4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

That's how I read it, or maybe I'm just a masochist.

My bad, hold my hands up. I'm clearly just a negative person lol

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

Because the keeper is about an inch in front of him, so he doesn't really have THAT much goal to aim at.

Honestly, I'm starting to think this is to deliberately attack the guys confidence. We've been through this a million times - the players read the forums, they read social media. These kinds of attacks feed through to them. Let it go ffs.

Hahaha I remembered that Brentford bit.. 

I am not even sure it was the worse miss of the game, BJ should have got his header at least on target surely?

Edit: Not having a dig at BJ, i like him...just saying.

7 hours ago, Tombo said:

I think you have me confused with somebody else. I've never buggered off to watch Brentford, especially during McClaren's reign in charge which was full on entertainment even when we were losing.

1 hour ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I was last on the forum on Sunday night, I come on on Thursday night and this thread is still being discussed on it's 18th page.

We won the game, why does it matter so much? He will score other chances. Why so much analysis?

But 8 feet, 8 feet you know.

13 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I haven't bothered to read the thread so I'm not sure I know what you mean.

ha, you dont want to know :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived