Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On chances it was a lot closer than it should have been. How Derby didn't score at least six is beyond me.

That Vydra miss was terrible, he had the whole goal to aim at and tried to go back across the goalkeeper yet hit it straight at him. Not sure why he didn't just place it in the other wide open corner.

Still convinced their first goal was offside, but the commentators made nothing of it.

Just now, JarodyDCFC said:

Do you think wolves should've had a penalty?

The guy on TV said it was "Thigh to thigh" contact but imo it doesn't actually look like they touched. No good camera angle though. Based on not knowing if there was contact, and even if there was it being dubious, I'll go 60/40 in favour of a not a pen. Probably similar for our pen though. 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That wasn't good for my heart. We should have killed the game off in the first half. Hanson was terrible, he quite simply isn't a right back. The game swinged when Christie went off injured

Agreed. He's not a right back. Looked out of his depth. Much more freedom for Cavaleiro with Hanson as they didn't have to worry about a double attacking threat down the right hand side. Christie is underrated to be honest when you look at the alternatives. We've got three very good left backs for this division when all fit, right back we have nobody after Christie.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Jesus Christ, what do we make of that then? That was like Muhammad Ali battering seven shades of **** out of his opponent in the first half of the fight, then suddenly half way through he's on the ropes clinging on for dear life.

Won on points in the end. Just.

Yes but the positive thing is, we saw it out. We won. No last minute capitulation.  A stronger Derby.

Great win. Just goes to show that attack is the best form of defence. Without Christie pushing back there winger it was constant pressure. Hanson is a good footballer.  Cm, dm or CB. Obviously doesn't possess the pace to pose an attacking threat from right back and I think the injury to Christie was the reason we struggled second half. Great three points. 

Archived