Cyrus Christie goal celebration

QuitYourJibbaJivin

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Did anybody else notice Christies celebration? The hand cupped around the ear? There's been quite a bit of criticism regarding Christies performances recently. It's not the first time one of our players has made this kind of gesture towards our fans, does anybody think there might be some feeling of discontempt from the players towards the fans? I think it's quite widely accepted that we can be a right whingey bunch, we've actually hounded players wives off of social media in the past.

There have been games in recent months where it would have been nice to witness certain players merely show signs of a pulse.....so any show of emotion is OK really. Pro footballers don't take too kindly to criticism as they are generally used to being pampered and excessively rewarded. So it would be no surprise if a player reacted to perceived supporter negativity. Hopefully it will all get flushed out of the system as the Rams get back to winning ways. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Probably should have made it clearer. Wasn't slating Cyrus in anyway, it was more a dig at the unfair criticism of players from fans at times. We do play a big part in team performances. We need to back these players 110% every time they step out on the pitch.

I'm sorry but the maximum I will manage is 100%. Hope that's OK. :p

2 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Ah yes. Charlie George, but I think that was to the away fans.

No, it was to the home fans. He was playing for Arsenal at the time.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Yes, I meant the 'opposition supporters'. I didn't think it needed elaboration to us oldies. Surprised we took to him after all that.

We weren't permanently butthurt back then.

Played well, scored, could have had another. Celebration was fine. No problem.

Not his best game for Derby, just back to the standard he set himself in his early career here. Beating people and delivering crosses and shots.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Probably should have made it clearer. Wasn't slating Cyrus in anyway, it was more a dig at the unfair criticism of players from fans at times. We do play a big part in team performances. We need to back these players 110% every time they step out on the pitch.

Totally agree with you QYJJ 

4 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Fook me. Not another one critiscing a goal celebration...... first it was Ince "not joining in" then it was Butters "looking miserable" and now this...... 

Can't anyone just celebarate the goal instead of over analysing what a celebration means? 

Has nobody took issue with this yet?

291n8zk.jpg%5Bm

6 hours ago, needles said:

Played well, scored, could have had another. Celebration was fine. No problem.

Not his best game for Derby, just back to the standard he set himself in his early career here. Beating people and delivering crosses and shots.

He was so lively and our best outlet so often when he first arrived - he could easily be a premier league full back next season. 

I thought Christie was MOTM Saturday he was brilliant. What does the song go like I only know a bit of it and mumble the rest!

Certainly helped that Wednesday actually tried to play football yesterday which allowed us to counter and bomb forward.

Archived