Cyrus Christie goal celebration

QuitYourJibbaJivin

Did anybody else notice Christies celebration? The hand cupped around the ear? There's been quite a bit of criticism regarding Christies performances recently. It's not the first time one of our players has made this kind of gesture towards our fans, does anybody think there might be some feeling of discontempt from the players towards the fans? I think it's quite widely accepted that we can be a right whingey bunch, we've actually hounded players wives off of social media in the past.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Did anybody else notice Christies celebration? The hand cupped around the ear? There's been quite a bit of criticism regarding Christies performances recently. It's not the first time one of our players has made this kind of gesture towards our fans, does anybody think there might be some feeling of discontempt from the players towards the fans? I think it's quite widely accepted that we can be a right whingey bunch, we've actually hounded players wives off of social media in the past.

I have finally come to the realisation that Derby fans are crap. 

If you're boo'd regularly then how can it not have an impact? People seem to think that footballers are like robots who are devoid of feelings and turn up on Saturday to play then go home. Notice how Bradley Johnson's performances seemed to drop more every time he was boo'd. How is that supposed to provide you with the motivation or confidence to play at your best? Regardless of how much money they're paid, if you've got a considerable amount of people jeering every performance and celebrating your substitution, it's going to make things a hell of a lot harder.

I didn't see that.

I thought Christie responded in the best way possible with his whole performance yesterday.That was the best way to shut everyone up.

Derby crowd were fantastic yesterday,we just needed a glimmer of hope(fickle as we are).

Wednesday have a great set of fans and yesterday they were crushed by the whole atmosphere.

Well done Cyrus.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Does that include yourself? Because I certainly don't boo players or hound them on social media.

I'm first in line! But I'm just some drunk Gypsy half fan, so what do I know!  

Damn , I missed out the "some" from the above statement. 

Fook me. Not another one critiscing a goal celebration...... first it was Ince "not joining in" then it was Butters "looking miserable" and now this...... 

Can't anyone just celebarate the goal instead of over analysing what a celebration means? 

Not because he scored yesterday, but for me the performance displayed by Cyrus was the best I've seen personally. There was only 1 real incident where he held on to the ball too long. 

For me MOTM yesterday was almost impossible to select as I believe it was between the following Cyrus Christie, Bradley Johnson , Darren Bent, Scott Carson  and Jamie Hanson. Who'd have thought these guys (except JH) would have turned up like they did after all the nonesense they have had to endure from our own "fans"!!

Well done everyone yesterday, even Wednesday fans I spoke to were very complimentary of our supporters, playing style and management.  

Its a good day to be a ram again and long may it continue. 

29 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

No, lets leave it at that. Lets not get into having an issue when one of our players celebrates. He has always tried hard and also in the early parts of the season was our one attacking outlet. Its ok for him to vent a little frustration he is after all human.

lets get behind them and not stir things up

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Fook me. Not another one critiscing a goal celebration...... first it was Ince "not joining in" then it was Butters "looking miserable" and now this...... 

Can't anyone just celebarate the goal instead of over analysing what a celebration means? 

I'm not criticising the celebration in any way shape or form. I was making a point some of our fans need to wake up and keep off the players backs. We are ridiculously fickle and some of the comments made about players border on ludicrous. It just shows that players do read what is said and it affects their performances on the pitch either positively or negatively.

26 minutes ago, nottingram said:

At the time I thought it was because they were singing his song, as he'd won the corner that led to the goal. He cupped his ear as if to say sing it again.

Same as me.

We was singing his song because of his good play that led to the corner. He had a good game yesterday and the fans responded to that.

31 minutes ago, nottingram said:

At the time I thought it was because they were singing his song, as he'd won the corner that led to the goal. He cupped his ear as if to say sing it again.

It was this. But the point made is still important because maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but I think there's no coincidence in the fact Christie's confidence went through the roof once fans started to back him and he resultantly got himself a goal.

16 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

No, lets leave it at that. Lets not get into having an issue when one of our players celebrates. He has always tried hard and also in the early parts of the season was our one attacking outlet. Its ok for him to vent a little frustration he is after all human.

lets get behind them and not stir things up

Probably should have made it clearer. Wasn't slating Cyrus in anyway, it was more a dig at the unfair criticism of players from fans at times. We do play a big part in team performances. We need to back these players 110% every time they step out on the pitch.

Archived