Derby County vs Sheff Weds - matchday thread.

Rev

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's not on reputation. It's on he's our best player. As he also created the best chances at Huddersfield. 

Hanson was poor today and Hughes will he back in

I normally agree with Alpha but can't on this one. although Hanson made some naive errors he was excellent at times and provided real energy and fight that we have been missing for too long

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Hmm funny how we all see the game in a different way. Thought Bannan was the best player out there by a mile but I think we dealt with the rest of them pretty well.

Disagree, he was practically on half way line all game. Thought he had a safe but not great game. 

2 minutes ago, Ibby said:

A far better performance. Steve has got us playing after all.

Yes, quite surprised with the result today given the starting xi.

it could have been 6-6 with chances at both ends but Carson made some good saves. 

Good game ,good atmosphere and a good result. Let's have more results like this.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Listening to Mac after the match I think this was intentional, we will have set up for Johnson and Hanson to contain wednesdays attacking threats, in particular forestieri- so we will have set out to counter attack, hence why we started bent to be more of a poacher rather than having vydra drop deep. Wasn't at the match so can't tell if this was the case, but it seems to me that could have been the game plan

I thought that bent must have played as a tactical move against the wendies. Horses  for courses but hard to see how he offers more than Vydra 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

I normally agree with Alpha but can't on this one. although Hanson made some naive errors he was excellent at times and provided real energy and fight that we have been missing for too long

I thought he played a handful of hospital passes and Keogh had to constantly help him with his positioning. I know he's young and I'm not on his case. But Hughes is miles better and if he'd played like that then he'd get slated. In fact he plays a lot better than that and still some slate him. 

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Thought in final 3rd they were very ponderous myself. Bannan was taking ball off centre halves most of game. Forestieri was anonymous, didn't realise he was playing until half way through 2nd half. 

Think their movement was top notch, as was their fluidity. On another day we're 3 down at HT. Their finishing on the other hand!...

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I thought that bent must have played as a tactical move against the wendies. Horses  for courses but hard to see how he offers more than Vydra 

He held the ball up far far better than Vydra has done at any point this season.  He's not at Martin levels, but it made a huge difference.  He might not be a better striker than Vydra, but the team balance was much better with him in there.

Aggressive, positive, gutsy, battling. 433. Dangerous on the break. Some really good attacking play. Some massively determined defensive play against a really good passing side.

That was my Derby County. That was the Derby Way. Derby are back. 

(for a week at least)

Can we put the win down to Sheffield Wednesday not trying and wanting it enough?

That's usually what it is when we lose. We never just lose. It's always a massive thing

I think Wednesday lost because they have some bad apples etc etc

Just now, Alpha said:

Can we put the win down to Sheffield Wednesday not trying and wanting it enough?

That's usually what it is when we lose. We never just lose. It's always a massive thing

I think Wednesday lost because they have some bad apples etc etc

It's their chairman..... 

I couldn't believe the nonsense from graham richards that wednesday had three players who weren't trying?!? 

They were superb. High tempo. Very fluid. Best team since newcastle.

but a great win for us. 

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

Jesus, I was going to follow this on Twitter but I don't think I'll bother now Bents playing 

offside 

offside 

offside 

offside

offside 

Change for Derby: Vydra for Bent 

Not once by my reckoning and close to be man of the match, winning balls up front and as last man.

One piece of great skill first half taking ball down and cutting back, shame nobody broke from midfield quick enough.

Anyone there would have to admit great game today, deserved his standing ovation by many in the crowd.

p.s all those on twitter sledging his selection and a fair bit of negativity here, should admit for today at least, they were proved wrong.

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Think their movement was top notch, as was their fluidity. On another day we're 3 down at HT. Their finishing on the other hand!...

I really felt pretty comfortable against them all game to be honest.... yep they had there chances..... thought Derby stuck to the task well. Thought they were pretty that's all.

17 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Disagree, he was practically on half way line all game. Thought he had a safe but not great game. 

That was a tactic deployed from them in order to gain control of the game. All their play went through him. He made some cracking passes to their forwards but their finishing was awful and Forestieri was a passenger. 

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

It's their chairman..... 

I think there's a gang in their team

They need a complete rebuild

They've failed every year since (insert last PL appearance) and these players have been together (insert however long any 5 players have been together) and consistently failed. 

I'd suggest getting Steve Bruce in. 

Shambles of a team with no heart. 

Archived