Craig Bryson

RamsPolls

Mind boggling. When did Bryson suddenly become bad? He had that injury at the same time as Will, and since he came back has never been given a proper run, except by Pearson in the wrong position where he was excellent btw.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bryson would be in my starting 11 every time if he is fit.

The 16 goals he got when working with Martin was not a fluke and it baffles me when I see him played anywhere but in an attacking midfield position. Not only does he give the forward an out ball, he creates more space for him as defenders know that they have to cover Brysons forward surges and not just close down the forward. He is also the hardest working player we have.

10 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

That's the problem though. He keeps picking up niggly injuries that prevent him from having a serious run in the side. Think we could get in a better all round player in summer. That's my reasoning for thinking he should go. 

If summer's clear out would be done Dimmu's way, Bryson would be one of the rare ones who would survive. Hard work and footballing intelligence are both underrepresented in this team and he offers both. Those two should be minium expectations from everyone, but sadly we have just a few who offers those and even less players who can add something extra.

He's crap in our third and good in the opponents third.

If he's going to be playing DM then I'm happy to see him go because he adds very very little. 

If the plan is to push him right up and call him an attacking midfielder then that's different.

But as a DM he just hits the ball back where it came from, plays head tennis and is weak. No point. 

Get fed up of seeing managers play him there. They did it with Hendrick too didn't they? Even if they play alright in those deeper roles it's nothing compared to some of their performances when released from build up play and ball winning 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

If he's going to be playing DM then I'm happy to see him go because he adds very very little. 

If the plan is to push him right up and call him an attacking midfielder then that's different.

But as a DM he just hits the ball back where it came from, plays head tennis and is weak. No point. 

Get fed up of seeing managers play him there. They did it with Hendrick too didn't they? Even if they play alright in those deeper roles it's nothing compared to some of their performances when released from build up play and ball winning 

Clough saw Jeff as a long term holding mid!! Compared him to Jack Cork!

Craig's biggest problem is when he's injured he wants to come back too early , he just loves the club and wants to play all the time , I've heard the nonsense he's 30 get someone younger , trust me Pick any midfielder you want and they will not come close to the km he runs in a game , put him further forward like Rowett did second half at the city ground and u will get the player yous all love , why mclaren and Pearson wanted him sitting in midfield beggars belief in my eyes but he won't argue he will just get on with the job he's told to do , I've seen plenty signings since he signed for derby and none of them repeat none of them can do the job he does for the team 

4 hours ago, cannable said:

You think Bryson was excellent at holding midfield but Martin is crap… :huh:

I said that was the wrong position for him. But that he did excellent there for Pearson. Pay attention. Martin is excellent at defending corners, so what. 

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I said that was the wrong position for him. But that he did excellent there.  Pay attention. Martin is excellent at defending corners, so what. 

A player out of position but trying to do a job does not equate to them doing excellently. 

The only credit Bryson gets from that role is that he tried to persevere when he could have quite easily just thought "**** this" and started playing his natural game.

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

A player out of position but trying to do a job does not equate to them doing excellently. 

The only credit Bryson gets from that role is that he tried to persevere when he could have quite easily just thought "**** this" and started playing his natural game.

No. Out of position, he did what Pearson asked and as any model professional would do, prompting Pearson to lament that he wished all his players played like Bryson. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Couple of years ago moving him to AM behind Martin would have been absolutely worth it, but I think it might be too late. He's never been quick like a winger, but he's lost a bit of his nippiness, think him and Martin is a reall undynamic front pairing, even if you had players as quick as Camara and Anya on the wings.

To be fair, he clearly had it at the end of last season, but he just hasn't got going this season. But hypocritical of me to write off Bryson and insist Thorne's going to be fine. If he can get genuinely fit again, I'd like to see him given a chance with Martin again a few times.

But I can't see how Vydra can't perform the role Bryson does but with younger legs and probably better finishing. More of an aerial threat too.

2 hours ago, valleyram said:

Craig's biggest problem is when he's injured he wants to come back too early , he just loves the club and wants to play all the time , I've heard the nonsense he's 30 get someone younger , trust me Pick any midfielder you want and they will not come close to the km he runs in a game , put him further forward like Rowett did second half at the city ground and u will get the player yous all love , why mclaren and Pearson wanted him sitting in midfield beggars belief in my eyes but he won't argue he will just get on with the job he's told to do , I've seen plenty signings since he signed for derby and none of them repeat none of them can do the job he does for the team 

Have you ever revealed how you're linked to Bryso? Are you mate, his dad, his ex-team mate? Does he have brother? Genuinely curious, you seem to know the bloke.

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Couple of years ago moving him to AM behind Martin would have been absolutely worth it, but I think it might be too late. He's never been quick like a winger, but he's lost a bit of his nippiness, think him and Martin is a reall undynamic front pairing, even if you had players as quick as Camara and Anya on the wings.

To be fair, he clearly had it at the end of last season, but he just hasn't got going this season. But hypocritical of me to write off Bryson and insist Thorne's going to be fine. If he can get genuinely fit again, I'd like to see him given a chance with Martin again a few times.

But I can't see how Vydra can't perform the role Bryson does but with younger legs and probably better finishing. More of an aerial threat too.

He is one those players who need to play regularly to get going. As a sub or playing every now and then he is about as useful as drinkable yoghourt. Same players just are like that, remember Gareth Roberts? Instantly got better when he didn't share game time with Moxey. It's one of those strange things in football.

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Have you ever revealed how you're linked to Bryso? Are you mate, his dad, his ex-team mate? Does he have brother? Genuinely curious, you seem to know the bloke.

I know how they're linked but it's not for me to say. I bumped into Bryson recently and he was telling me he and Butters were getting married this summer. Then he laughed when he realised how he'd phrased it. Seems a good egg.

Archived